1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
618 Posts
Mike, Why did I ever think that a tach and seat of the pants was all the instrumentation a racer needed ?
Did I see correctly that Chotus has a top speed of over 240 mph. Is it a LeMons car ?
If so, when Tinyvette approaches that speed I will promote a collection to buy that gizmo for you
and will put in the first $ 5. No, wait, the first $ 10. Inflation by then.

·
Pedal Smasher
2,071 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
"It was probably 240 km/h, which would be ~150 MPH."

Yes, that makes more sense. My $ 10 is still safe for a while

I am a Tinyvette fan, always wishing them the best !

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Chotus is powered by Chevy small block. They have been struggling with this car since 2011 and only recently started finishing races. The way they tell it, the more Lotus parts they take off the car the better it gets.

The telemetry won’t help the driver but it will help the guys in the pits monitor the health of the car.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Am I safe to assume that the cost of the telemetry setup (with sensors, etc) is NOT included in the $500(?) cost of the car? :lmao:

Doug

·
Pedal Smasher
2,071 Posts
You could create a fundraiser. Have you ever thought of doing a Kickstarter campaign? Set the goal at like $500 or $1,000. An idea for a perk (reward) could be once you donate X amount, your name goes on the car under a donor section. Just some thoughts. I know racing, even in lemons, can get expensive. You pretty much need enough parts to build 2+ cars just to race 1 car for endurance racing.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts