Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Agree 100% with all of this, especially the friends and time travel part !
....You CAN go back, but you can't stay there for long. At least that's my experience.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
5. Easier to work on.
All of the above, and all that Hagerty said too. Mine is like a time Machine, when I'm in it, I go back to a calmer, more peaceful time. I listen to period correct music and turn it up loud. I have a ball when I'm in my Gt. Yes it is an adventure, every time:D, esp the last trip to Charlotte. Now that was an adventure I'll remember and talk about for a long time:veryhappy. Jarrell

·
Pedal Smasher
2,152 Posts
6. Nostalgia.

It's different from feeling youthful and wanting what you saw new as a kid. Cars from bygone eras can just be downright sexy. The 50's, 60's and early 70's was full of unbelievably seductive vehicles from all over the world. It's easy for a younger breed of car nut to desire a car made long before they were born. Just about everything regarding a classic car is intoxicating to me. I see some GT owners running fuel injected setups and for me, that takes away from the nostalgia even if it's just the L-Jetronic system which is still pretty dang old. There's just something about a carb on a classic car that revs my engine. Maybe it's the excessive exhaust fumes but there is something special about a mechanical based system over electronic.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
6. Nostalgia.

It's different from feeling youthful and wanting what you saw new as a kid. Cars from bygone eras can just be downright sexy. The 50's, 60's and early 70's was full of unbelievably seductive vehicles from all over the world. It's easy for a younger breed of car nut to desire a car made long before they were born. Just about everything regarding a classic car is intoxicating to me. I see some GT owners running fuel injected setups and for me, that takes away from the nostalgia even if it's just the L-Jetronic system which is still pretty dang old. There's just something about a carb on a classic car that revs my engine. Maybe it's the excessive exhaust fumes but there is something special about a mechanical based system over electronic.
I agree, I've been in love with my car from the time I bought it. Actually Dad bought it, I paid him back. I've loved my Manta since 1974. I like to think she loved me too. She never left me stranded anywhere, and I drove the car everywhere, literally until 1990, when I bought an 89 Saab SPG. I have my Original Manta, and I have my Saab too. Both are not drivable, but I can't part with either one. Nostalgia I guess, wanting a different time of life, that is in the past. Jarrell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts