Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a thermostat housing and thermostat manifold off ebay for a buck hoping to get the housing chrome plated. In between the thermo housing and the manifold there is a one inch thick piece of alumminum spacer. I don't have this on my current thermostat setup. Could some one inform me as to the function of this spacer and do I need it on? :cool:

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Adaptor

Sounds like you have an adaptor there for using the stock thermo housing with Irmscher DSD Weber manifolds. Is the ali spacer sandwiched between the housing and the head - and does it move the housing forward?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTJIM said:
Sounds like you have an adaptor there for using the stock thermo housing with Irmscher DSD Weber manifolds. Is the ali spacer sandwiched between the housing and the head - and does it move the housing forward?
Yes and yes- Guess that means it is not needed with the Weber. Trash bin????? :cool:

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Tom, Hold on to that sucker, there was a need for one a while back. Could be the one you have could be used as a pattern to produce more. It's not that big and won't take up too much space to hold it. JMTCW.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,115 Posts
maybe somehow we could re-produce toms piece he has for us others to use? if not dave will have the whole group hollering at him before too long for relocated thermostats!

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
the relocating piece is used on the long Irmshers, on Canon or Magnoletsi they will fit stock ones. The short Irmshers are the trouble ones that require a redesign. To make one requires some cutting and ali welding. That would require a true mig welder with a tri mix shield to weld it up properly. Spool of ali too. interesting as you'd also need to know where to relocate everything as well.

On this one I'm laughing, I did the design and now have the capacity to do it all in house. Dean has been using the prototype with good success so don't mind me rolling around on the floor laughing. Have a look before you leap. The search on this site turns up some really good information....honest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.