Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much do you guys think i can get for my gt? i have done a lot of stuff to it.
getrak 5-speed, weber carb, side skirts, rear spoiler, louvers, 65 amp alternator $120 , new aptima battery $120, jvc stereo $300, mtx 404 amp $ 200, mtx 3002 amp $200, two rockfrod fosgate 10s subs $300, custom sub box $161, 31/2 infinity speakers $67, 5*7 infinity speakers $80, legacy eq $50, rockford fosgate cap 1 fared $161, new points, wires, plugs, cap, new vacum and raditor hoses, thermasat, new carpet, new exhuast with 31/2 inch tips, all chrome is good, i took the front suspension and rear suspension off my parts car and put it on my gt, new headlights and wires, all new lights in gauges, took the dash out of my parts car and put it on, nos gas tank, all guages work the clock works once in a while, eagle alloys 14 inch rims, new tires, nos torque tube, new rear shocks, tinted windows, put in a steering colume that i got out of my parts car, new rear dash, new spare tire cover, nos window cranks, new cluch, new pilot bearing, new pressure plate, resufaced fiywheel, new throw out bearing, new cluch cable, this is just some of the stuff off the top of my head, it does need a belly pan, and paint , fornt window striping. i will post some pictures tomorrow.

· 1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Well sounds a lot like the car I am working on right now. The problem is, and Opel isnt the car to restore and sell. You WONT get the money out of it that you put into it. Stanley_P was trying to sell his car with the body kit, tinted windows, custom rims, all that, and It was around 6000 I think that he was asking. This was with a nice paint job..and did not need a thing on it. You got about half of your money invested into the stereo and not many owners really care about any of that (don't get me wrong, some do). So I'm figuring if you sold it to a dedicated Opeler, and not on Ebay, you could probably get 4-5000...depending on the body shape. If thats in the greatest shape, then probably around 2-3000. I'd have to see the picture, but thats just my guess. HTH

Jon

1,261 Posts
sounds like the 70 GT I bought back in February. Getrig, rebuilt motor, excellent interior, glass, lights, etc. Mine needed a lot of structural work, (floor pans, jack points, inside rockers, etc.) I paid $2200 for it. I now have $3000 in it after the structural work and various mechanical items were taken care of.

· Banned
3,910 Posts
Ok I'm gonna weigh in on this one. I've known this car since before Aaron got it and he has taken good care of it. He has fixed alot of the problems that it had and it is a sweet little car now. It isn't perfect in the paint but it isn't bad. I'd rather he kept it and took it with him but I do understand. For those of you out there that might be looking I'll tell ya that if Aaron decides to really sell it you need to think about it. Most of the body mods are from the early generation of mods. and it caught my eye even before he got it and started fixing it up. I'll tell ya straight up that he has done a good job and really cares. That's why I hope he keeps it but if not then it needs to go to a good home. JM2CW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.