Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, I don't think OGTS is all that bad on pricing in general. I've now done business with them twice and it's been great service and you get what you order. Some of their stuff is a little pricey but overall it's not bad given how hard it would be to obtain antique car items otherwise. And unless you're building a car from the ground up, they're mostly affordable imo. They get a tip of the hat from me.

What gets me though? These dash restoration places (I won't mention names tho you know who i'm talking about). We're not talking about a complete reproduction, these places require cores and it's a modern process of restoration. It involves maybe $25 in materials and a few hours time yet $500 for a single dash to be restored?

Not everyone has $200,000 to spend restoring a five thousand dollar car. I just think if someone had the business sense of mind to start one of these companies up and charge a more reasonable price (say around $200-250) for a restoration...the sheer volume of work you'd get from those prices would far outweigh the loss of a few hundred dollars per dash.

Just rambling out loud. So far, the dashes seem to be the biggest overpriced item to get fixed in our cars and given the number of folks that use dash pads and mats, you'd think companies would figure it out sooner or later.

·
240 Posts
I think a black leather dash would look good. The ones that have the laced on look would fit the the GT's style. I might even look into leather work as a new hobbie(like I don't have enough to do).

Garry

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
obvious plug

Speaking of OGTS there is something I've been thinking about, and seeing the last going price on ebay for a pair I went for it. What I'm talking about are the rear side marker lights. I bit the bullet and ordered a pair from OGTS. Well my impression is these are great, fantastic. Only problem I have with them is now it's going to make some of the other not so perfect lenses stick out more. I have to say that I'm impressed, to have gotten these made had to be hard work and to me it was worth every penny I spent on them. Dennis and Gil these are great

·
rust + magic = gold!
169 Posts
Same here, I still haven't installed my nice OGTS lenses, because it makes my other OK lenses look even worse! I need to get the remaining pieces sometime, for a full set.

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
i bought all new lens and seals from ogts tehy looks awsome with a fresh coat of paint on ur gt, also the windshield and rear window rubber my glass guy said he had never seen a seal fit that good that was like a reproduction type seal for that style window, i got the gt/j seals the all black, i like them over the one with the chrome trime thingy. ogts gets two thumbs up from me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts