Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· 4ZUA787
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just did a seatbelt upgrade i went the path of using the ford probe seatbelts as had been posted in the opel vault files. well at first i got the seatbelts and took them home and was like how in the heck did he do this. but i eventually got it figured out the best part is u only need one hole drilled everything else fits the thread sizes are the same for the bolts and the seat belt lenght is almost perfect in the end it turned out like they were there from the factory. if any one wants pictures i will be glad to post some.

· 4ZUA787
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
seatbelt dye

well u may have heard of fabric spray thats what i used on my probe seatbelts i installed they were blue my interior is black so i got black and fully extened the seatbelt over a piece of long cardboard and sprayed two coats on eace side of the seat belt it seems to not rub off on clothes although since im in cali were it gets warm also but i havent been out in it on a hot day yet so cant say if it rubs off when wet i doubt it would, i had to use brakklean spray to get some off of part of the seatbelt mechnism because i forgot to cover it up. well i will be posting the brand of spray i used since i dont have it handy right now. but i got it at auto zone and home depot so it shouldnt be hard to find.

· 4ZUA787
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
seatbelt

i believe it was 88 or an 89 i no that the 1990 and newer used the electric seatbelts but i do believe it was an 88 or 89 probe.
very easy to remove the main unit and a good idea for the buckle is to steal the ones from the backseat of the probe which look better i think and mount to the floor the front seat buckles mounted to the seat it is also much safer if the seatbelt is mounted to the floor then the seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.