Opel GT Forum banner

Three Point Inertia Reel Seatbelt Upgrade for a GT

28K views 61 replies 26 participants last post by  The Scifi Guy 
I just looked a my stock 72 GT seat belts and here's what I saw. The "Y" piece is bolted to the body about where the seatbacks pivot. The shoulder belt is bolted to the "B" pillar as you suggested. The retractor is bolted behind the door frame a little lower than the door latching mechanism. There is about a 1/4" hole above and to the rear of the retractor bolt in the vinyl for the seatbelt warning buzzer wiring. If needed I can take pics of the passenger side for you. The driver's side is the same. HTH

Ron

I'm kinda at a loss here, with all the talk about putting in steel plates, etc. Maybe I'm wrong, but on Willit? I have a 4-point seat belt/harness setup. One by the console for the latch, one above the shelf below the quarter window, one above that on the door pillar, and one behind the seat on the door sill. If you're going to a 3 point, put the retractor on the bottom bolt above the package shelf, run it straight up to the door pillar bolt, then to the bolt in the door sill, or back to the retractor. That way when the belt retracts it will be along the door sill. It's something I'm gonna do after I fix all the other little things on Willit?, although I do like having separate belts, but I'd like them both to retract like they do on the monza. JMTCW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.