Opel GT Forum banner
61 - 62 of 62 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
New Belts in 71 Opel Gt

Okay... so I've purchased new belts from Opel Gt Source. I plan to have them installed by a trusted mechanic and need clear instructions for him. The directions that arrived with the belts are not clear. I've read through some posts. Eeek!
Is anyone aware of some clear directions?
Thanks in advance!

· Master Story Teller & Fabricator
17,686 Posts
I think that it's important to know what year Opel GT you have. I don't know what the situation is with Mantas and such. I think the early years didn't have the 4th bolt hole on the door pillar. There are 4 mounting points: one on the tunnel, one in the rocker panel next to the seat lever, and 1 or 2 on the pillar. If you don't have the second lower one on the pillar, you may need to add a bolting location near there. The latch gets attached to the tunnel hole, the part of the belt that goes across your lap get's attached to the rocker panel bolt hole. The reel will either mount at the top door pillar bolt hole or at the lower pillar bolt hole if you have a hole there. If you have the upper and lower door pillar holes, then you will mount a coat hanger shaped thing at the top hole and the reel will get mounted to the lower hole.

4 point mounting:

Wire Cable Technology Auto part Electronic device
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Car seat
Vehicle Car Subcompact car

3 point mounting:

Red Car seat cover Car seat Car Vehicle
Red Vehicle Car Vehicle door Auto part
Red Vehicle door Car Auto part Vehicle

61 - 62 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.