Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys.
Sorry if this question has already been answered. I searched for it with no luck.
Is there a way to solve a popin out ball joint without replacing the throttle linkage rod?
It's been 3 or 4 times that the same thing happens to me: after racing the rekord at a nearby straight (the only availabe and traffic free), the nearest rod's socket to the Solex pops out of the ball joint...
It only happens when I rev it up hard.
Thanks a lot.

· Mid-West Opeler
2,423 Posts
Wish you had a picture of the linkage ball/cup.

If it is like the GT all you have to do is use a paper clip inserted into the cup to hold the
ball in place.

sorry, I don't have a picture

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
Hey there guys.
Sorry if this question has already been answered. I searched for it with no luck.
Is there a way to solve a popin out ball joint without replacing the throttle linkage rod?
It's been 3 or 4 times that the same thing happens to me: after racing the rekord at a nearby straight (the only availabe and traffic free), the nearest rod's socket to the Solex pops out of the ball joint...
It only happens when I rev it up hard.
Thanks a lot.
Is it missing the retaining clip? That is what Sawdust is referring to when he talks about using a paper clip.

· Mid-West Opeler
2,423 Posts
Rui, as you are finding out everyone here is eager to help.
thanks for the pic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.