Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stupid question or what?

I have been prepping a timing cover in case it is needed when I pull the motor apart. My question is this. Looking inside the cover how many tensioners are on the right hand side? This is a later type cover as in 72 or 73. The reason I ask is it only has the oil pressurized one. Is this right or is something wrong. I can't remember what the one on the car has.

·
587 Posts
There are 2 pieces on the right side on ALL years for the timing cover. The lower one is the tensioner & the upper is a guide rail. On the opposite side is another longer chain guide rail that bolts to the front of the block. All 3 pieces are made of a black phenolic material.

Tom C

Attachments

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok now I see, I thought something didn't look right. The entire pivot post and all have been removed by PO on this one.

I named the original stupid question or what, well after looking at it. It is not in the or what catagory. I should have asked if anybody remembered where I left my brain. Not sure where I missplaced brain but part was found in another parts box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.