Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
I fill up the tank with alkylate gas that is ethanol free and has less hydrocarbons that can clog up carbs and injectors. It ages very slowly too, it normally stays fresh for at least a couple of years. But it is expensive, a liter costs about 2,20€ from the pump and up to 4€ if bought in cans. Mixing about 0,5% quality synthetic 2-stroke oil in the gas protects the tank from rusting and keeps electric fuel pumps lubricated.
https://www.neste.com/sites/neste.com/files/attachments/brochure_alkylate_gasoline_final.pdf

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
My GT is stored in my shop, it stays about 62-68 degrees year round. I think I will put a few miles on it and get ethanol free gas (110 miles). From the sound of things that might help. I have new oil, so I guess I will be doing that soon. May even put the GT on jack stands to keep the tires off the ground. So far no problem with mice or other critters. My GT has started for the last several years without doing anything, but this year I think I will bite the bullet and get it ready for next year.

Bob

·
Opeler
1,124 Posts
I always use StaBil mixed heavily in non ethanol gas to fill up whatever I may be planning on not using for more than a month. IE generators, chain saws, lawnmowers, motorcycle, classic cars etc.

Depending on the age of the oil, I may change it before storage.

If I know a vehicle is going to sit long enough, putting up on blocks or jack stands helps let the suspension relax and minimizes flat spotting of tires.

In general thats all I really worry about, since if it is to crappy to ride cycle or drive toy cars, I am probably doing maintenance for them, and around here it is nice more often than not so I can usually have stuff out and used every month to month an a half, minimum. :cool::cool::cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts