Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I.know it must be out there but I can't find a master type list of torque settings.Thanks

·
1,873 Posts
That would be handy to have....all on one sheet and then laminate it. Beats getting the FSM full of greasy prints. Normally I will write all the torque settings I need for the job at hand on a sheet of paper and keep it handy as I do the work so there are no flipping thru pages...

·
Non Civilian
2,084 Posts
Torque settings for bolts are easy to figure out. You just tighten 1/2 turn before it breaks.:D

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been there done that . That's whyi need to know . how about starting with the Exhast manifold?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys,that'll get me started.Must be some more lists out there.Be good to put them all together to have a complete master list that we can download . Additions anyone!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh those pesty 9mm bolts?
The 73 FSM says 33 foot pounds.
Weird thing about the 9 mm exhaust bolts.Had some work done a while ago & one was missing. They couldn't find one anywhere so they has to get a 9 16ths machined down to the 9 mm thread..so keep your nuts boys,some are hard to find.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Yeah ..... *!!*

Watch the front cover bolts too - they are M7 X 1.0mm pitch - another Opel 'helpful' use of non-preferred sizes.

Had to get some long stainless 8mm cap screws and turn them down to 7mm to replace one of mine that sheared off ....... at least they have nice Allen in-hex heads now. Thank You Opel!

Turned some M10 stainless cap screws down to 9mm for my manifold bolts.

135 Posts
Torque Tube to Differential Bolt Torque?

Asking for the correct torque setting for the four 8mm triple square bolts that attach the 1971 Opel GT torque tube to the differential housing. I did do a search but could not fine. Is not in my 1971 service manual. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts