Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
My trick was to install both bushings on to the tube then insert one bushing into the carrier and installed a bolt to hold the bushing to the carrier. I then used a large screwdriver and levered the other bushing into place on the carrier. It was over in a few minutes and wasn't difficult. Securing one of the bushings was the key as it couldn't move as you pry on the other bushing.

Every Opel GT owner should have to do this at least once as a rights of passage.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have had a burst of energy and a renewed interest in getting things finished on my GT. This year alone, after many years of not doing very mucy I have:
Replace the fuel pump - stopping an oil leak
Replaced the oil pump gasket stopping an oil leak
Replaced the master cylinder
Replaced the master cylinder reservoir
Replaced the brake booster with the 9 inch upgrade
Replace the Torque tube and all components
Installed an after market radio
Replaced the tach
replaced the fuel gauge
replaced the sending unit, twice, first one was defective
Replaced the water pump and hoses
Added a heater control valve
New cap for master cylinder and valve cover
Replaced the bushings on the hood latch device
And bled the brake lines - new fluid, a new flair on the rear brake line at the master cylinder and a new connector
And as soon as they come in I am going to replace the radiator and have everything flushed and ready to go

All of this being possible with help from people on this forum. Thanks to everyone that has made a contribution to this forum as it has been a life saver for me.

·
RunOpel
1,204 Posts
Its always good to take inventory of what you have accomplished, in order to help you continue. That cold beer must have given you that burst of energy. I have confidence Carl you will finish, stay the course fellow Opeler :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts