So on the installed one you cut off the support tabs and welded them back on 1/2" lower to push the whole bracket up into the tunnel? I also assume there is a lock nut somewhere to keep the new poly bumper up in place.I was also busy through the weekend. I used old central support bracket, cut-off its support legs and made temporary legs to determine their exact location for proper lift of the bracket. It turned that they should be relocated approx. 0.5” lower than original legs. That lifted the bracket to the top of the tunnel. I also welded nut at the bottom which allowed me to adjust the height of the polyurethane bumper that arrived from McMaster.
The result was good. Just by lifting the central support bracket, I got 3 degrees angle of the torque tube (it was 0 before). There was actually no need to further lift t/t with the adjustable bumper, so I set it to just support the t/t. That gave me very satisfactory U-joints angle of 1 degree front (it was 4.5 before modification) and 2 degrees rear (it was 6.5). I will now proceed with the final modification of central bracket, similar to RB’s modification shown few posts earlier.
This modification should be beneficial to any lowered GT and it is really not that much of a work.