Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I need some help in lieu of the fact that my manual is 'in route' and my repair is 'in progress'.
Am checking the connecting rod caps (and possibly - gulp - the pistons) due to a particular noise. It seems that it could come from the caps or one of the piston pins (?name) or even possibly a collapsed valve. Yay. So. I need the torque values on the caps and the oil pan.
Can anybody pass those along? Fast? Please? I'll send brownies, cookies, fudge, or some other thank you if you give me an address.... . :D
Really appreciate any help,
Ging

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Ging, my Clymer's manual states 5 ft.lbs. on the oil pan bolts, starting from the center and working outward to both ends. Connecting rod bolts are 36 ft.lbs. HTH.

Ron

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fastest manual in the forums

Ron, you are amazing! Thanks so much.
So, do you like sweets?
Ging

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Ging, recompence is not required, if I hadn't given you the torque values someone else on the site would have. It's why we're on this site, to help fellow Opelers out. Besides, if you were to send some sweet stuff this way, clear across country, it would probably be a little stale or hard, time it got here. Hope you get it all sorted out and are up and running soon.

Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts