Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been putting off asking this question for a while now, but it is time that I must know the answer. :) Why is it a good thing to make track bars adjustable? Doesn't it just keep the axle from moving side to side? I don't understand what effect adjusting the length of the bar would have. I know NASCAR racers are always adjusting it, so I know it must do something, but I don't understand what. Can any one out there educate on this subject? I don't think I can legally make mine adjustable for my class of autocrossing, but I am tired of being ignorant on this subject. :eek:

Pete Sprenger
1972 Opel GT

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
the panhard rod your referring to keeps the rear axle centered in the car. when you lower the back of the car with suspension mods, and do not change the length of the rod, the radius of that rod will actually pull the rear axles sligthly off center of the car. when you lower the car, you must shorten the panhard rod to keep the rear axle centered. for race cars people like adjustable bars so 1 bar can work for any combination of suspenion modifications they decide to make.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts