Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i need to some help i just put a tranny in my gt a few weeks back and then i let my brother drive my gt i was driving it and tryed to shift from first to second and it got stuck i looked at the linkage and the little rod thing on the side was bent a little and the pin thing that it is conected to that pivits was faceing backwords i beleave it was laying flat in sted of upright do you guys know what can be done to get it to shift again so i can drive it was a used tranyy that i bought from a guy from here or on opelgt source and i dont know what to do sorry if my discription is hard to understand and help would be great thanx

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
when i first got my gt the tranny linkage was so sloppy that u couldnt shift into any gear and when u tried it usally wasnt the gear u wanted. so i dropped the tranny and i found the studs that connect the linkage toghter were worn down from so much use and wear i had to weld them up and re drill holes for the cotter pins then also the holes on the linkage bars were also ovaled out so i had to weld those up as well then re-drill , after doing this and re-installing with new clutch since the old one was worn down to the rivits, it shifted like a brand new 2003 mini cooper.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so do you guys sugest that i pull the tranny out and pull it apart and check the linkage in side or try the bolt on the driver side and try to put it in the right gear from that the linkage is bent on the passenger side what do you guys think

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
check your external linkages first since you dont have to pull the trans to mess with them.

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
to adjust the side to side movement of the shifter, you adjust the linkage on the drivers side with a nut in the center of the linkage, its a pivot point. to adjust the forward and backward throw of the shifter, you adjust the passenger side linkage by basically bending it to make it longer or shorter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts