Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually, the guy who originally posted the pic on Facebook later revealed what it was.

He said this: <<< This is a badge of the Austrian military service of the Austrian military in World War I >>>

Along these same lines, I was searching for a fender emblem to put on my Opel bicycle and I found this Blitz-like ornament that was intended for a soap box derby car:

Fender emblem.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sorry, um, gurls :lmao:.... but that's probably a Machine gun services cap badge, possibly Hungarian from that latter 1800's. Unfortunately the site I found the image from with the text doesn't seem to be alive anymore.

From translating the texts that I find here from the now gone site, it seems there was an "Austria-Hungarian Campaign or Compromise in 1867. I wondered about Gatling styled Austrian/Hungarian small arms and... Wow, what you can find on Google when you're bored.

But DON'T .... I repeat DON'T try to look up "roncskutatas" I can't translate it with Google and it seems when I simply search on it I find Russian sites that may just have your transgendered Opel... Just sayin'

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sorry, um, gurls :lmao:.... but that's probably a Machine gun services cap badge, possibly Hungarian from that latter 1800's. Unfortunately the site I found the image from with the text doesn't seem to be alive anymore.

From translating the texts that I find here from the now gone site, it seems there was an "Austria-Hungarian Campaign or Compromise in 1867. I wondered about Gatling styled Austrian/Hungarian small arms and... Wow, what you can find on Google when you're bored.

But DON'T .... I repeat DON'T try to look up "roncskutatas" I can't translate it with Google and it seems when I simply search on it I find Russian sites that may just have your transgendered Opel... Just sayin'
If it's Hungarian, then Gordo is right since Hungary was part of the Austro-Hungarian double monarchy that lasted until the end of WW1 when it was split. It consisted of Austria, Hungary, Romania, Slovenia, Croatia, The Check Republic, Slovakia and land that is now a part of north Italy. The campaign could be the war against Denmark that was fought in about that time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts