Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This event happened today. We had a refrigerator delivered this afternoon. One of the two delivery guys looked over at my GT and told me he really liked my Corvette. He then asked if I would be interested in selling it. I thought about correcting him, but settled on simply telling him it wasn’t for sale.

I know that isn’t a stellar story, but I have been smiling all day.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I once had a Ferrari 328, the successor to the iconic 308 (the car that Tom Selleck drove in Magnum PI). I was annoyed one day when some guy came over and asked if it was some kind of Corvette.

Quoting the line at the end of The Great Escape, "It all depends on your point of view, Henley..."

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
That's funny stuff, I had a guy say my gt was the last yr stingray vet
I naturally chockled and asked if he wanted to buy it LOL

Reactions: Lazzerkick

·
Registered
130 Posts
That reminds me of another true story...
Many years ago my dad introduced me to his friend Tom Morgenfeld, chief test pilot for Lockheed Martin from '79-04 who flight tested the F-117, YF-22A, and X-35.
I overheard my brother telling him about the 72 Corvette he was restoring, and Tom said the C3 was just "a glorified Opel GT." That comment made my week, and I'll never let my brother live it down :LOL:

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

·
Registered
446 Posts
Two days ago, I pulled my GT into a popular dollar store and a very nice yellow, 57 Chevy station wagon was sitting in the parking lot with the driver in the car. I had every intention of talking with him. He looked over and had a smirk on his face as I was climbing out of my GT. A guy pulled up behind us in a shiny new truck and said, "wow, what a nice-looking GT! You sure don't see many of those anymore!" The guy in the 57 Chevy clearly heard him and immediately pulled away from the area. I got a chuckle out of that. I had a nice conversation with the guy in the truck.

Paul in Mi

·
Registered
1972 GT
3 Posts
This event happened today. We had a refrigerator delivered this afternoon. One of the two delivery guys looked over at my GT and told me he really liked my Corvette. He then asked if I would be interested in selling it. I thought about correcting him, but settled on simply telling him it wasn’t for sale.

I know that isn’t a stellar story, but I have been smiling all day.
[/

·
Super Moderator
9,817 Posts
Well a lot of these stories are about GTs being mistaken for Corvettes, I have a couple of Sportwagons. I was at Carlisle one year and my wife called me while she was in traffic back home. She was driving her 74 Sportwagon. She was mad that a guy in the next lane eased up beside her and said " Nice looking Gremlin" Needless to say my wife was ticked off and called me about it ...LOL

·
Opeler
739 Posts
Last year I was parked with several new Corvettes at small town car show of about 400 cars. By the end of the day, one of the Corvette owners came over and said to me, " You know, I've sat here all day and watched people gawk over your car and walk right past all of ours. Maybe I should buy an Opel."

I laughed and said, it gets a lot of attention. haha

·
Registered
The Young One
1,209 Posts
I haven't had many people thinking that my car is a corvette. But at a show last summer some lady came up and said that her grandfather had a white GT with the red interior just like my interior. She liked it a lot and took a bunch of pictures of it. It was pretty cool to see that even though my car doesn't have a nice paint job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts