Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a 1970 red opel gt with a whale fin spoiler that had a gaping hole in the floor... it my dad bought it around 20 years ago from Mike (that collector in Winnipeg manitoba canada) it was stolen from us at some point by my dads cousin (Matthew) but don't have a way to prove it... its in a barn somewhere (I'm not sure where but its somewhere around Winnipeg and the surrounding area)

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
639 Posts
Can only guess at this point but my guess is that it was sold for parts or he knew someone that needed a parts car with no questions asked. In any regard good luck with your search hope you find it.

·
Super Moderator
5,918 Posts
It was a 1970 red opel gt with a whale fin spoiler that had a gaping hole in the floor... it my dad bought it around 20 years ago from Mike (that collector in Winnipeg manitoba canada) it was stolen from us at some point by my dads cousin (Matthew) but don't have a way to prove it... its in a barn somewhere (I'm not sure where but its somewhere around Winnipeg and the surrounding area)
Umm, I am originally (a VERY long time ago) from Winnipeg, and I had two Opel GT's back then. The Opel community was quite well established in Winnipeg back in the '80's and '90's, and there WAS a red Opel, owned by a former childhood friend of mine, Matt Brown, in St. Vital. Was THAT your dad's car? I haven't heard from Mat in about 30 years, but if that was your dad's car, it is LONG ago gone to the recycler, as it was rusted badly way back then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Umm, I am originally (a VERY long time ago) from Winnipeg, and I had two Opel GT's back then. The Opel community was quite well established in Winnipeg back in the '80's and '90's, and there WAS a red Opel, owned by a former childhood friend of mine, Matt Brown, in St. Vital. Was THAT your dad's car? I haven't heard from Mat in about 30 years, but if that was your dad's car, it is LONG ago gone to the recycler, as it was rusted badly way back then.
It might be sadly because the guy that stole it, their name was Matthew (unsure of their last name back then...)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you recall, did they have any direct cousins (if so, were any of them named Michael?)

·
Super Moderator
5,918 Posts
If you recall, did they have any direct cousins (if so, were any of them named Michael?)
Not a clue, sorry, I only knew Matt, not any of his family. How long ago was this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you have a VIN, you could go to the DMV or Police to see if they could look it up. If it is still alive an registered, you might be lucky....you also might be able to see some history. There are also some VIN look ups on the WEB, but not sure what info it provided......good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts