Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did'nt post this but I thought it was funny.
snip...Boy this must be a trend. It must be that the old Fox cars are getting old enough that the kids without any money can afford them. I almost dread tuning them anymore just because of the headaches.

I too have started being more selective in the jobs I take. Experience has taught me that there are just some jobs that you're going to loose your a$$ on....age & wisdom are starting to tell me to stay away from the beginning. By the time I get to be Don's age maybe I'll even start listening to myself! For example, I turn away everything having to do with XXXXXX these days. I've found that guys shopping for a $500 standalone EFI system probably have about $100 in the rest of the car.

Another problem with even the nice Fox cars is that their age is just taking a toll on the harnesses, sensors, etc. I've found that even the best of maintained cars can have terminal tension issues, ground shorts, etc. that can take an abundance of time to resolve. Most of the time I'll set a search/diagnosis limit with the customer (say 6 hours) after that if we can't isolate the intermittent problem we refuse to go any further with the car unless they let us replace the harness in its entirety.

I hate the thought of getting a reputation as a hard-a$$ or arrogant ba$tard, but it helps keep the ulcer (and wife) in check. ..end of snip.

·
Super Moderator
8,153 Posts
I've been saying for years we're going to have mechanically sound cars that we have to scrap because they cost too much to fix because of their complexity. :yup:

Harold

1 - 2 of 2 Posts