Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Build a dream and drive
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kicking around the idea of turbocharging a 2.4 liter. Has anyone attempted this? Obviously injection is a must as well as head work but would 7.6.1 ratio hold up to 6 psi boost? Also, what cam would be suffecient? I want to build an exotic blend of all motor and a little boost so anyone with expierience on the matter would be very helpful. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
13,735 Posts
The caveat is that yes, the 2.4 (in general) can take boost, however the standard pistons cannot tolerate any!

You'll certainly need stronger forged pistons if you go this route, but the block, crankshaft, and connecting rods should be fine for your goals. I would think that closer to 8.5:1 compression would be fine for your goals (6 psi), if you go too low here you can lose significant performance off-boost.

HTH,
Bob

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
I want to build an exotic blend of all motor and a little boost so anyone with expierience on the matter would be very helpful.
A little of chemical intercooler wont help any.
Some boost with some gas is a blast!

·
Registered
96 Posts
There is a guy in sweden (i think!!) who has a Kadett Coupe with a 2.4 turbo in kicking out about 400bhp. I,ve got an article from a mag PPC (practical performance car) from earlier this year, i'll see what the specs are and what month the car was in.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts