Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually had a good day today. At work, after 9 months of trying, I was able to get a pay increase for 10 or so people today. That was good, but the real highlight of the day was when I fired up the Sportwagon after a class at the local community college and promptly set off the alarm on the van parked next to me! :D

Guess that custom tuned exhaust is a tad louder than I thought! Thanks, RallyBob!

Whoo hoo... :D :D

Gary

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
thats awesome gary, what you done to that sportwagon to make it set off alarms? i can't even do that running open header on either of my opels!

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I bought an SS exhaust that RallyBob made for one of Samdog's cars. (the motor was upgraded and it was too small :D ) Sprint to 2 inch to a small performance muffler to 2.5" over the axle to a straight through resonator at the rear. Has a real tight sound.

One of my retired neighbors commented the other day "Boy, you have been taking that loud car to work a lot lately." It must sound great at 7:00am! :rolleyes:

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
poor "non opel lovers"lol

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
occasionally i get ....

the same complaint from my neighbors.By the way...they need to get up anyway and go work like the rest of us.

Do I complain about their dogs crapping in my yard???..

My opel has a good sound too. sprint to a 2in , 12 in glass pack to a toyota straight thru resonator.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Oh boy does this bring back memories. My Dodge van would set off the neighbors car alarms every morning. It had a set of heddman headers, 2.5" from the collector into a pair of stock Lincoln 460 cu.in. 2.5" in and out mufflers to exit in front of the rear wheels. So I drove monza to keep them happy. It only has single exhaust and just the catalytic convertor, no muffler at all. I didn't set off the car alarms, but the rest of the neighbors had to start using their alarm clocks when I retired, so they would get up in the a.m. I left for work at 6:00 every morning and woke them all up, so they said. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts