Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On April 16-17 Stan Czacki's GTLites Opel qualified on the pole and won both National races at the SCCA double national at Pueblo, Co. In accomplishing this, Stan not only won the class, but both races overall and went .2 seconds below the record in Sunday's qualifying.
The April 1st weight reduction to 1920# helped and the car is still for sale. It is significant to note that we beat a Honda Civic, that had won several national championships, with an experienced driver (FAtl./FCont./TransAm) on board.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
WAY TO GO STAN!!

This is great news and a GT did great in Minn also according to another thread. This has been great news all the way around with Dallas winning the Car Show also!!

·
Registered
616 Posts
wow, opel wins a car show, then places first in its class in SCCA... could we be seeing a comeback for our favourite little cars? i sure hope so :D

soon maybe people won't look at me like i'm an idiot when i say opel.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, At the risk of jinxing myself for next year, I will also mention that my Opel has been undefeated at Pueblo since the year 2000 when we started running it there. Now if someone would just buy it (the roller, complete with National winner and Runoffs decals back to 2000, at least), I would not have the pressure of trying to win there again next year; just the pressure of completing the tubeframe car in time for the race which is there traditionally in April.
Tell me what you want and I'll start parting it out, but the roller must go first or I'll just keep racing it until I slowly complete the new one.

Stan Czacki 915-204-3520 or [email protected]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Calvin! Good to hear from you. There is no limit on sponsorship in SCCA amateur Club Racing. what do you have in mind? You can respond here, or reach me at the phone and email above.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go Gtracer...!

Congratulations on your outstanding performance. You have me all kinds of excited to get out and show my neighborhood what the Opels can do!

Best regards,

DirtTrackManta

1 - 9 of 9 Posts