Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know where I should post this, but I stopped and checked a lot that I recall having a couple of GTs in it. The old guy told me he still had them, but moved them to his place. Now, when I recalled them they were in pretty good condition, but that was years ago. Anyhow I went and checked them out.
Vehicle registration plate Plant Car Vehicle Plant community

Car Plant Vehicle Plant community Hood

Car Sky Tire Plant Vehicle

Wood Gas Rectangle Font Typesetting

Tire Automotive tire Hood Plant Tread

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Bicycle part

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Automotive lighting

Wood Paint Rectangle Fixture Gas

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just guessing, one car was early model, one was late. As far as I could see, both cars had tires and wheels on them, one car had good windows, except windshield. Four speed transmission was sitting inside one car. No Motors to speak of, now there was intake and exhaust manifold in one car, couple good doors, one hood, white or creme color seats in one. Bits and pieces. The tree is extra. I think you could get both cars for $300, but he wouldn't give me a price. No titles.

·
Detritus Maximus
3,591 Posts
The one car may be worth investigating further. Oklahoma is not exactly rustbelt.

·
Registered
The Young One
1,368 Posts
I would be interested in the rockers if someone could ship them to me. My rockers are gone on my car.

·
Detritus Maximus
3,591 Posts
I would be interested in the rockers if someone could ship them to me. My rockers are gone on my car.
Find someone with a 48" or longer sheetmetal bender. They can bend up rocker parts. All you need is a cross section so they can see the angles.

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

·
Detritus Maximus
3,591 Posts
All I saw was sun damage and surface rust.
Even if there is some body damage or some smaller holes, the one car looks like it's worth investigating. If the floors and rockers are good, it might be cheap enough for you to get it (or both), then figure it out.
The other car has signs of front left corner damage and a cut out radiator support (because dropping the motor is too much hassle?...).

Reactions: Young Gt Lover

·
Registered
882 Posts
If you had to go down to Home Depot and buy suitable planter pots and shelving to store that barbed wire, it'd cost more than $200. I can see why he would prefer to keep the GTs in the field.

Titles aren't an issue with the Vermont (?) loophole someone posted here a while back.

Cost is $76 filing fee, plus 6% of the higher of either the purchase price or the NADA estimated value, which in this case I would back up with photos of the car showing it's value is like, $100, regardless of what the NADA (JDpower) claims. I.E. $7,100-$24,000 right now. As, they can't include the car's condition and the condition of this car is obviously scrap value.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts