Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Whippersnapper
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! It’s Ubernoob!

It’s been a while since I’ve posted, just wanted to give a bit of a status update on the GT.

If you read The Blitz (highly recommended) you may have heard that I crashed my GT.

Yes, last January I was driving in the rain, locked up my brakes behind a car, and rear-ended it. I bent the nose of the GT and punctured the radiator (I think it moved in its’ mounts and hit the fan).

I replaced the radiator, and have slowly been working on the bodywork with a friend. The GT does run and drive, I fire it up every so often and putt around the yard just to charge the battery and keep things lubed up.

I plan on finishing the bodywork and doing paint in the spring.

But in the meantime, I found someone who bought OpelSpyder’s AC kit and never used it. I bought the kit from them and am picking it up tomorrow! So excited, I’ve wanted AC in the GT since forever, and when this came up, it was a deal I couldn’t pass up. Now I get to realize every classic Opeler’s dream of working air conditioning!

I may start a thread in the tech forums documenting the installation, we’ll see.

So just wanted to let everyone know myself and the GT are doing OK, and that hopefully I’ll be posting here more often.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Good to hear from you again!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
After the third complete engine rebuild last June (Grrrr) , I've since racked up over 4000 kms by October and all seemed well....Hopefully all that is finally behind me.

Also finally installed and Air / fuel ratio gauge..

How bad was the damage on your car? Do you have pictures?

Attachments

Reactions: ubernoob51

·
Resident Whippersnapper
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the day after the crash, after I pulled the front bumper/bumperettes/headlights off.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Thank god it wasn't too bad! She looks all straighten out now.

Painting it same colour?

·
Can Opeler
3,340 Posts
Good luck with the AC! I have a thread detailing most of the install. I thinks it’s called “installing New vintage AC with ARA AC” or something like that.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Resident Whippersnapper
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Kyler! Helpful as always!

And yeah, I browsed your AC thread in preparation for the install. Good stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts