Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To those of you that didn't order an underdrive crank, waterpump and/or alternator pulley from Bob Dennard - TGSI, I just want to let you know what you missed.

I just received my new underdrive crank pulley today. Its really impressive. It's light in weight and the quality of the finish looks first rate. It's finished in Black Anodize, yeah! its not Red or Blue. The cool thing it will look stock to the untrained eye, very stealthy!

I'm sure those of you (us) that are comtemplating a future individual or group purchase will receive the same good service and excellent quality.

I feel it was an honor to make a purhcase from Bob in order to do my part to help fund his Longest Day/25 Hours Racing Effort (Habit)

Thanks Again Bob

Paul Crane

·
'69 GT- Guards Red
26 Posts
Likewise, I have been blessed with another Bob Dennard wonder. A big valve head setup for "weekend warrior". I may have been able to save a couple hundred bucks going local, but I would of been getting Chevy SB methods not Opel Tricks. This was effortless, send out a stripped head and get back a fully assembled head with only one phone call. Thanks for the great work Bob!

·
291 Posts
Yup, Ditto I recieved my pullies on Tuesday. They should work nicely.

·
Registered
521 Posts
TGSI's Electric Radiator Upgrade

aw man. I missed that one.

I did get Bob's electric fan/radiator combo upgrade however.

VERY slick.

I sent him my old one and got back a fully modified radiator with a petcock and water temp sensor for the fan built in to it. (he includes the sensor too.) The fan mounts to the radiator support wall and NOT the radiator itself. Very pro/stock looking. I already had the engine compartment stripped...(no motor) it only took me about an hour or so to have the thing bolted in and wired up to where everything was supposed to be.

Very SIMPLE install. VERY nice. Thanks Bob.

~kyle

·
1450 Seeker...
613 Posts

·
315 Posts
Thanks guys for the very, very kind words. I tell customers that if they are happy with the stuff I do to tell other folks… if there is a problem tell me and I'll do everything I can to fix it. Again, thanks for the good words.

About the underdrive (power) pulleys… this was not a group buy. Rather, it was a blatant attempt to actually make a profit. "IT Manta" asked about underdrive pulleys in another thread. I have been making these from time to time and that thread resulted in a couple of orders. When I get a couple of orders like this, I make up a small batch to have "on the shelf". Well, the first batch I made up were the "weekend warrior" size… not what IT Manta needed to be SCCA legal in ITB. To make a long story short, three "batches"… and three different set sizes later… I had an ITB "batch". The "saga" goes on, but you get the idea.

Now that I've got a pile of power pulleys "on the shelf" I'm making another blatant commercial attempt to avoid carving them up and eating them for dinner. So, I have power pulley sets as one of my Sept web site specials. Go to www.tgsi.com/specials.html If you don't want a whole set contact me by email: [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
13,872 Posts
I just want to add that in addition to making an engine run cooler at high rpms due to slowing down the water pump (reduces cavitation), underdrive pullies will 'add' about 4 hp (dyno proven) at 7000 rpms. Quite a lot of power for minimal effort. Good upgrade for performance engines.

Bob

·
Registered
521 Posts
That's ok Bob D, the pulley's are on my list too! I'm trying to squeeze them in for September.

Any news/word on the Electromotive stuff? I'm still interested. Hopfully I'll have my motor fired up sometime in October or sooner.

~kyle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts