Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
PrOpeller
707 Posts
Hamden, Conn.

RallyBob, is that anywhere in your neck of the woods?

I'd love to get this wagon (even if just for parts) but have no space for it. Maybe Bill Daley would be interested?

·
Super Moderator
13,843 Posts
PROPEL said:
RallyBob, is that anywhere in your neck of the woods?

I'd love to get this wagon (even if just for parts) but have no space for it. Maybe Bill Daley would be interested?

It's about 50 miles or so from me. Probably and hour and a half to get there, there's no direct route from where I live.

Bill Daley just recently threw out a ton of used Opel parts, he lost some of his storage space so he had no choice really. Tossed out about 20 complete front and rear suspensions from GT's and Kadetts...really a shame, but what can you do? I don't think he's in a position to be buying any cars right now. But I gotta admit, the 1.1 automatic wagon is a rare bird!

·
Opeler
36 Posts
I would love it....

I would love to have the wagon, but a combination of not enough space, and no way to transport will keep me from bidding :( BTW I didn't even know you could get a 1.1 with an auto

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
5-door Kadett 1.1 wagon

Mikesta said:
never seen one without the roof rack.
Without a roof rack, yes, but a 4 door (plus tailgate) Kadett wagon, no!

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi :)

yes its sad but true. in germany and netherlands we didnt got a roof rack. i think it was an option for the kadett b station wagon which were sent to you. you cant see the 5-doors often, but we have them. i know 3 5-doors at the ebay and at the events in germany and netherlands. here we are very happy to see a car with roof rack. :yup:

greats vrouwtje from netherlands

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Hell, I have a '68 Kadett Coupe posted here in the classifieds for FREE and I can't give it away! I have had several emails and PM's but no takers. Someone take it quick or it's going to the yard.

Duane

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
MantAscona said:
Hell, I have a '68 Kadett Coupe posted here in the classifieds for FREE and I can't give it away! I have had several emails and PM's but no takers. Someone take it quick or it's going to the yard.

Duane
Duane, How do you find these things?? Was this the one out of Northern NJ or did it just sprout out of your yard?:D

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Hi Jeff,
This is the same car from North Jersey. I was told by the owner that Marc and yourself had passed on the car. I never wanted the car. I only wanted the stash of NOS parts that came with it. The deal was that I had to take everything to get the parts so, here it sits. The people were very nice to deal with and I wanted to help them out by getting the car out of their driveway. I don't have the heart to junk the car as it really isn't that bad. I know someone can either put it back on the road or use it for parts. I certainly don't need anymore projects laying around here as I'm getting a bit crowded here already. It also doesn't help that I just bought a Mercedes 420SEL that I will be picking up this weekend so, that's yet another car in the driveway and a big one at that. I had a good response right off the bat when about five people emailed me with great interest in the car but, now it just died off and I haven't heard back from any of them. One guy was only 25 minutes away from me and I figured he would take it for sure. I thought it would go quick for free. How about you Jeff? Need a Kadett???

Duane

·
Opeler
192 Posts
Kadett

Too bad that your responses have died out. Myself, I have 3 wagons, and a rallye in addition to my 3 GT's. Perhaps they were interested in the 1.5 head that originally came with the car. I have no more room, and as the stable gets more crowded, less things get done. I used to work on one car while waiting for parts on another. Now I have the parts, and little time to work on all of them!:banghead:
Gerry

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
Duane;

I'd love a kadette but my next project is my wife's '79 Camaro which has been sitting in the barn for 10 years(Yes, it does run). I might be able to store it in my neighbors barn, I will have to ask him and then when someone is interested, they can pick it up. Does it run so it can be driven around the yard?

Jeff

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
I myself am always on the lookout for a 1.9L - 4 door Kaddett (My High School car). Only one I have seen in running condition Steve owns and its fairly rusty. But who knows if I can't find another I may have to make room for it one of these days.

Charles

·
Kick a little asphalt
1,484 Posts
Don't wait too long to make room for it. It's not going to be here very long. If someone doesn't take it by the end of next week, it's going to the yard. I hate to do it but, something has to go.

Duane

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
OK, I'll take it. Does it come with a title? All I need is a trailer to haul it. Working on that now.

Charles, If you want it this spring, you can PM me and we can make arrangements.

·
Registered
27 Posts
1,9l 4 door kadett

Hoi :)

wich kadett do you mean? a b c d e?
we have some 4 door b and c kadett. but they are very rare :ugh:
we have a 4 door c kadett limousine, but he has much rust. i have seen a car as bad as this one :eek:

Attachments

·
boomerang opeler
5,636 Posts
Vrouwtje said:
Hoi :)

wich kadett do you mean? a b c d e?
we have some 4 door b and c kadett. but they are very rare :ugh:
we have a 4 door c kadett limousine, but he has much rust. i have seen a car as bad as this one :eek:
it will be an A or B

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,517 Posts
jlthunder said:
OK, I'll take it. Does it come with a title? All I need is a trailer to haul it. Working on that now.

Charles, If you want it this spring, you can PM me and we can make arrangements.
Sorry, I was refeering to Steves rusty but driveable 4 door 1.9L Kadett.

No room at the inn right now for orphans.. I have an orphan in my garage right now.. I thought I had seen some roachy Mantas before.. but this one is a real winner..

Heater box, Dash, a few odds and ends and 3.67 rear end are all thats salvagable. ALL the panels and doors have massive rust or damage. Mostly both. Had hoped it would be good enough to make a Ascota out of.. but not soo...

Charles

1 - 20 of 46 Posts