Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Senior Contributor
901 Posts
The aluminum flywheels are both stronger and much lighter than the stock flywheel. This is the reason for having them made. The longer stud is to allow adjustment when an S-10 clutch is used instead of an Opel clutch. It is NOT to compensate for an undersized flywheel.

-Travis

· Senior Contributor
901 Posts
nobody said:
Please correct me on this if I'm wrong but less spun mass will allow a quicker rev but what does it do to torque? Seems like it would decrease or am I off base again? Or is it just a higher stall point?
Less power required to rotationally accelerate(rev) the engine and drivetrain will mean more power available to accelerate the car.

The HP/torque effect is more difficult to explain. Basicly, it'll be the same at a steady state but will be/appear(depends how you look at it) higher under acceleration. The higher the rate of acceleration, the larger the gain.

BTW, I've linked HP and torque together as you can't have a gain in one without a proportional gain in the other.

-Travis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.