Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Did this die off? Seems like it would be a good time of year to consider having these made up again.

Todd K.

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Buy #3

I have another buy in progress, and if all goes according to plan I will have 8 more flywheels available for sale. PLEASE do not PM me or post requests at this time until I get final details in place. It's possible they could be ready by Carlisle - I will hopefully know later today.

Todd

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Buy #3

OK, I placed the order today and will have 8 for sale. I'll try to post an ad in the classifieds to stay within forum rules, but if all else fails I'll post here (with Gary's permission). Keep an eye out!

Todd

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Hiro, you're covered...
You can go to bed now.
I will have 7 remaining for sale (unless you want more than one?):lmao:

Todd

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Open for Orders

OK...Ad has been placed here. Price is $365 plus your shipping. The price is a little higher than the previous buy because I need to cushion interest on nearly $3500 (I'm assuming I won't have everyone's payment by the end of my 30 day billing cycle, plus the order may take 4 weeks to fill).

I'm looking for committments to buy - NO NEED TO SEND MONEY AT THIS TIME!

If the order size needs to be increased, I'll check into it but I need to know ASAP. As the ad points out, PM me with your order request and I'll post the results here when the order is closed.

HOPEFULLY I can bring some of these to Carlisle if anyone going to the show places an order.

Cheers,
Todd K.

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Remaining units: 6

Sounds good Pete..I'm hoping they will be done by Carlisle! To help me keep track, please also PM me with your information. Any others wishing to purchase, you can post here and update the "remaining units" line above.

Thanks,
Todd

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Just confirmed with UR that the price is NOT going to change, so the prices I quoted earlier are set. Still no date on when they will be machined, but he's going to let me know as soon as they're scheduled.

Todd

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
2 Units remaining...
If we go over, I'll check tomorrow on adding additional units to the order.

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Just off the phone with Unorthodox and the flywheels were shipped out today. Doubtful that they will make it in time for Carlisle, though it can't be ruled out. When I get them, I'll post details and pics here and we can go about arranging payment. Thanks to all of you that have responded and made it possible.

Any takers on the one remaining unit?

Todd

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
If I had the money, I'd be all over it. Maybe next time.
Hmm...maybe we can work something out...would you be interested in working on another cylinder head? I have the 2.4 valves left over from the head you reworked...

Todd

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
All 10 flywheels are spoken for at this time. If I have cancellations I'll let everyone know. I already have one member in que in case someone wants to cancel. Thanks to everyone who has participated!

Todd

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
They're Here!

Flywheels arrived today. They're beauties!
I've PM'd all those that chimed in as I need your address for shipping calculations. By the way, if anyone knows of a good flat rate for domestic shipping for something like this, I'm all ears. If there are any cancellations I'll post here.

Todd K.

Attachments

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
The steel insert is flush with the aluminum body. This means there would be 1/16" overhang when centered. Is this a significant problem?

Todd

edit: Sorry Jim...guess we were posting at the same time!

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
From all accounts here, they're fine and built to spec. The 10 I purchased have all been accounted for, and most have been shipped out already.

Todd

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Unorthodox racing makes the flywheel group buys easy. EXCELLENT business and I would definitely go there again.

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
I believe they need 6 minimum to run an order - part of it depends on the shop schedule and how busy they are at a given time. They're great guys to work with.

Todd

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
According to their site custom jobs are $1000 to $1500 each. Way too rich for my blood.
Unorthodox Racing (UR) would have charged similar money for a single, "one-off" custom flywheel. Setting up the machines is where the cost comes in, so if you let them cut 10 at a time then you'll likely save some $$. You'll never know unless you ask. Also, if someone in the group here could provide detailed specifications (a technical drawing would be great), you might save some additional money since it would be less work for Fidanza. Successful group buys require patience, determination, close attention to details, and a lot of organization.

Todd

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.