Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Opeler
231 Posts
I talked to the guys at Unorthodoxracing. They will build me a flywheel. The only problem is they will not do a set up and make less than 6 of them. Looks like I will have 5 to sell. Who wants one? What you guys don't want goes to E Bay:ugh:

· Opeler
231 Posts
The E mail I got from thel last week said the price will be $325.00 each Plus shipping. So I will sell them to this sight for the same plus all shipping and insurance cost. I am gong to give them a call Monday.

· Opeler
231 Posts
Ok here is the scoop. I have 6 of them on the way. I talked to Shawn at Unorthodox. It seams they have a empty machine tomorrow. I was told if I ordered them today they will be made tomorrow. It is the same flywheel rallybob had them make. They do have new ring gears and are set up for the S-10 clutch. The cost is 325.00 each plus shipping. I am guessing the shipping from them to my house will be $10.00 or $12.00 each. If you want one send me a PM. I will keep one and sell the other 5

Jeff I got your PM you are first on the list. That leaves 4 more looking for a home.

· Opeler
231 Posts
Thank You all for the interest. As it stands, I have the other 5 buyers now. The flywheels should be produced tomorrow. The flywheels will be at my house early next week. I will contact You other 5 guys and girls about the same time because my wife will kill me if I don't get the rest of our money back for the other 5. Ain't this fun:haha: :haha:

· Opeler
231 Posts
I don't know, give him a call in the morning to see if they have the extra machine time open. See if he will add it to my run or 6 and charge any extra parts to you. I am maxed out right now for the first 6

· Opeler
231 Posts
I have the flywheels. They got here today. I now know why the company name is Unorthodox. They sent me 6 beautiful flywheels and did not bill me yet. As soon as I get a total, I will need to get the other 5 on the road to you guys. I can't seam to get the photo out of my album to this post. The weight is 9 lbs 8 oz I put a stock one on the scale and it came to 22lb 10oz I will keep you guys posted. If somebody can tell me how to post the photo I will be very happy to do it.

· Opeler
231 Posts
Ok for the record. I gave $325.00 each for 6 flywheels. Shipping to my house for all 6 was $75.00 I now have $337.50 in each flywheel. I am keeping one, the other 5 will go to you guys that spoke up. It was first come first serve. The selling price is $337.50 plus shipping. This is a break even deal for me. They are good looking ain't they?

· Opeler
231 Posts
:biggthump The flywheels do have a drill spot for TDC on them. It does line up with the pointer on the block. I did not put a degree wheel on it but it does look correct. I bolted mine up to a extra block and crank I have sitting around. It bolted up fine. The starter ring gear matches that of a stock flywheel. The mounting holes are all the same size. There is not one that is a bit smaller like the stock wheel. Because of the spacing there is only one way it will fit. I am planning on studs in the end of the crank for mine.

The guys at unorthodox super easy to deal with. From all the PM's I got from this sight, I am sure there is enough interest here for another buy. My 5 extras were all spoken for within 2 hours after I posted them.

Any interest in a trick clutch for a aluminum flywheel:D I might want to do another group buy:yup:

· Opeler
231 Posts
Yes the steal insert is 9 in. I do not think a 1/16 overhang will make any difference. When I had the #2 group buy produced, I requested the same wheel made to Bobs specks. As far as I know all of them are the same from Production run 1, 2, or 3.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.