Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
3,910 Posts
Please correct me on this if I'm wrong but less spun mass will allow a quicker rev but what does it do to torque? Seems like it would decrease or am I off base again? Or is it just a higher stall point?

· Banned
3,910 Posts
Keith that is some very heady reading but nice to know and thanks for writing it. It explained why OGTS recommends a steel flywheel that is cut flat to lighten it VS. anything too light. Then again I didn't see anything about starting torque, wear coificients or heat dissapation. Can I get those big blue headache pills through customs to ya so you can keep it up?

· Banned
3,910 Posts
Thanks Bob I hadn't gotten that far but with the limited space for a scatter shield or the concept of destroying a 5 speed or better makes me rethink or at least plan ahead a bit differently.

On my 2.0 I have a lightened flattened rebalanced stock flywheel with an S-10 clutch and it works well. Always rebalance if you do the S-10 or any machine work to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.