Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

942 Posts
I have purchased 2 aluminum flywheels from the manufacture here in California. I believe them to be similar to the Unorthodox wheel. They are drilled for the S-10 pressure plate. I believe there are a few left on the last production run. They cost $400.00. They don't sell to the public but I can use my resale license to buy you one. If your interested let me know.

Thanks for your help!
I will get in touch if this group buy doesn't restart.
Hiro

942 Posts
The E mail I got from thel last week said the price will be $325.00 each Plus shipping. So I will sell them to this sight for the same plus all shipping and insurance cost. I am gong to give them a call Monday.
that's a very good price!
I'm OK for one flywheel.
should I get in touch with them to arrange shipping to my location (I'm in Europe)?
thanks,
Hiro

942 Posts
Ok for the record. I gave $325.00 each for 6 flywheels. Shipping to my house for all 6 was $75.00 I now have $337.50 in each flywheel. I am keeping one, the other 5 will go to you guys that spoke up. It was first come first serve. The selling price is $337.50 plus shipping. This is a break even deal for me. They are good looking ain't they?

nice pizza!
;-)

942 Posts
I have another buy in progress, and if all goes according to plan I will have 8 more flywheels available for sale. PLEASE do not PM me or post requests at this time until I get final details in place. It's possible they could be ready by Carlisle - I will hopefully know later today.

Todd
whao that's a super news Todd!

942 Posts
OK, I placed the order today and will have 8 for sale. I'll try to post an ad in the classifieds to stay within forum rules, but if all else fails I'll post here (with Gary's permission). There are some remaining issues to get resolved before I'll know the final costs and dates (main issue - they have to source more ring gears). Keep an eye out!

Todd

I'll stay awake for a while,
but time difference between USA & Europe is a problem for me!

942 Posts
OK...Ad has been placed here. Pricing is currently set at $365 plus your shipping. I don't expect the price will change, but keep in mind they are sourcing new ring gears. If they come back saying it's significantly higher (say, $15) then I'll restart the process. The price is a little higher than the previous buy because I need to cushion interest on nearly $3500 (I'm assuming I won't have everyone's payment by the end of my 30 day billing cycle, plus the order may take 4 weeks to fill).

I'm looking for committments to buy - NO NEED TO SEND MONEY AT THIS TIME!

If the order size needs to be increased, I'll check into it but I need to know ASAP. As the ad points out, PM me with your order request and I'll post the results here when the order is closed.

HOPEFULLY I can bring some of these to Carlisle if anyone going to the show places an order.

Cheers,
Todd K.
I'm OK with this price range,
and I totally agree to participate to cushionning interest,
I know the group buy is not an easy financial affair!
Hiro

942 Posts
Flywheels arrived today. They're beauties!
I've PM'd all those that chimed in as I need your address for shipping calculations. By the way, if anyone knows of a good flat rate for domestic shipping for something like this, I'm all ears. If there are any cancellations I'll post here.

Todd K.

Superb!
That's my Xmas present hum a little bit early this year,
Thanks Todd!

942 Posts
Hello Ears! Todd, try this company: Parcel2go.com - Online Parcel Delivery Service
They ship both US Domestically and Internationally. Baz put me on to them and they shipped a couple of parts from the UK to NZ for me at a better rate than the Post Office, FedEx or UPS. Their service is door to door and quick!

HTH

too bad they don't work from France,
I have to find a way to ship a CIH4 crank to the US east coast...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.