Opel GT Forum banner
61 - 80 of 203 Posts

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
As long as you are building ones that will accept an S-10 Clutch I would be interested on one for my 2.2 project.

· Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
$325 is a very, very good price for a custom aluminum flywheel with a steel friction insert and a new ring gear.

Duane (MantAscona) had the first one of these custom made as a one-off years ago, and it cost him about $550.

The first group buy we did was rather large, and yet they cost $409 each plus shipping.

I wouldn't pass on these at that price!

Hmmm, now if I could just find 32,500 pennies under my car seat....

· Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Do they actually make the ring gear as well? Yes $325 is a very nice price for this amount of material and machine work.

942 Posts
The E mail I got from thel last week said the price will be $325.00 each Plus shipping. So I will sell them to this sight for the same plus all shipping and insurance cost. I am gong to give them a call Monday.
that's a very good price!
I'm OK for one flywheel.
should I get in touch with them to arrange shipping to my location (I'm in Europe)?
thanks,
Hiro

· Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
Do they actually make the ring gear as well? Yes $325 is a very nice price for this amount of material and machine work.
I'm only assuming they are supplying ring gears again. They did previously, not sure what the source is, but apparently they found a common ring gear that fits an Opel.

Bob

· Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
I will also take one, if it will accept an Opel Clutch. Let me know were to send the money.
jc
AFAIK, they only have dimensions for a 9.125" Chevy S-10 clutch fitment. I had sent them a stock flywheel for reference a few years ago, and a billet steel flywheel I had custom made to fit the S-10 clutch, and they copied the design (somewhat) but in aluminum.

Bob

333 Posts
I had quotes for one to be made up over the winter....from a couple of different sources. Much more expensive then the price talked about here.
Let us know all the info, time frame, where to send the money, s-10 or opel clutch......., I might be in for one or two.

· Opeler
231 Posts
Ok here is the scoop. I have 6 of them on the way. I talked to Shawn at Unorthodox. It seams they have a empty machine tomorrow. I was told if I ordered them today they will be made tomorrow. It is the same flywheel rallybob had them make. They do have new ring gears and are set up for the S-10 clutch. The cost is 325.00 each plus shipping. I am guessing the shipping from them to my house will be $10.00 or $12.00 each. If you want one send me a PM. I will keep one and sell the other 5

Jeff I got your PM you are first on the list. That leaves 4 more looking for a home.

· Opeler
231 Posts
Thank You all for the interest. As it stands, I have the other 5 buyers now. The flywheels should be produced tomorrow. The flywheels will be at my house early next week. I will contact You other 5 guys and girls about the same time because my wife will kill me if I don't get the rest of our money back for the other 5. Ain't this fun:haha: :haha:

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
too late ?

could shawn be called directly to place and order? Couldnt he be called first thing tomorrow? Are they going to have any on the shelf?

· Opeler
1,013 Posts
If six is the minumum, why not make more units in the run? I was second to respond on the post for the first six, but work kept me from my computer today. Is there room in the run for more? I'd hate to mss out on such a nice deal.
Wes

· Opeler
231 Posts
I have the flywheels. They got here today. I now know why the company name is Unorthodox. They sent me 6 beautiful flywheels and did not bill me yet. As soon as I get a total, I will need to get the other 5 on the road to you guys. I can't seam to get the photo out of my album to this post. The weight is 9 lbs 8 oz I put a stock one on the scale and it came to 22lb 10oz I will keep you guys posted. If somebody can tell me how to post the photo I will be very happy to do it.

61 - 80 of 203 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.