Opel GT Forum banner
81 - 100 of 203 Posts

· Opeler
231 Posts
Ok for the record. I gave $325.00 each for 6 flywheels. Shipping to my house for all 6 was $75.00 I now have $337.50 in each flywheel. I am keeping one, the other 5 will go to you guys that spoke up. It was first come first serve. The selling price is $337.50 plus shipping. This is a break even deal for me. They are good looking ain't they?

· Opeler
231 Posts
:biggthump The flywheels do have a drill spot for TDC on them. It does line up with the pointer on the block. I did not put a degree wheel on it but it does look correct. I bolted mine up to a extra block and crank I have sitting around. It bolted up fine. The starter ring gear matches that of a stock flywheel. The mounting holes are all the same size. There is not one that is a bit smaller like the stock wheel. Because of the spacing there is only one way it will fit. I am planning on studs in the end of the crank for mine.

The guys at unorthodox super easy to deal with. From all the PM's I got from this sight, I am sure there is enough interest here for another buy. My 5 extras were all spoken for within 2 hours after I posted them.

Any interest in a trick clutch for a aluminum flywheel:D I might want to do another group buy:yup:

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
Any interest in a trick clutch for a aluminum flywheel:D I might want to do another group buy:yup:
What exactly do you have in mind?

942 Posts
Ok for the record. I gave $325.00 each for 6 flywheels. Shipping to my house for all 6 was $75.00 I now have $337.50 in each flywheel. I am keeping one, the other 5 will go to you guys that spoke up. It was first come first serve. The selling price is $337.50 plus shipping. This is a break even deal for me. They are good looking ain't they?

nice pizza!
;-)

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Buy #3

I have another buy in progress, and if all goes according to plan I will have 8 more flywheels available for sale. PLEASE do not PM me or post requests at this time until I get final details in place. It's possible they could be ready by Carlisle - I will hopefully know later today.

Todd

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Buy #3

OK, I placed the order today and will have 8 for sale. I'll try to post an ad in the classifieds to stay within forum rules, but if all else fails I'll post here (with Gary's permission). Keep an eye out!

Todd

942 Posts
OK, I placed the order today and will have 8 for sale. I'll try to post an ad in the classifieds to stay within forum rules, but if all else fails I'll post here (with Gary's permission). There are some remaining issues to get resolved before I'll know the final costs and dates (main issue - they have to source more ring gears). Keep an eye out!

Todd

I'll stay awake for a while,
but time difference between USA & Europe is a problem for me!

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Hiro, you're covered...
You can go to bed now.
I will have 7 remaining for sale (unless you want more than one?):lmao:

Todd

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Open for Orders

OK...Ad has been placed here. Price is $365 plus your shipping. The price is a little higher than the previous buy because I need to cushion interest on nearly $3500 (I'm assuming I won't have everyone's payment by the end of my 30 day billing cycle, plus the order may take 4 weeks to fill).

I'm looking for committments to buy - NO NEED TO SEND MONEY AT THIS TIME!

If the order size needs to be increased, I'll check into it but I need to know ASAP. As the ad points out, PM me with your order request and I'll post the results here when the order is closed.

HOPEFULLY I can bring some of these to Carlisle if anyone going to the show places an order.

Cheers,
Todd K.

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Remaining units: 6

Sounds good Pete..I'm hoping they will be done by Carlisle! To help me keep track, please also PM me with your information. Any others wishing to purchase, you can post here and update the "remaining units" line above.

Thanks,
Todd

942 Posts
OK...Ad has been placed here. Pricing is currently set at $365 plus your shipping. I don't expect the price will change, but keep in mind they are sourcing new ring gears. If they come back saying it's significantly higher (say, $15) then I'll restart the process. The price is a little higher than the previous buy because I need to cushion interest on nearly $3500 (I'm assuming I won't have everyone's payment by the end of my 30 day billing cycle, plus the order may take 4 weeks to fill).

I'm looking for committments to buy - NO NEED TO SEND MONEY AT THIS TIME!

If the order size needs to be increased, I'll check into it but I need to know ASAP. As the ad points out, PM me with your order request and I'll post the results here when the order is closed.

HOPEFULLY I can bring some of these to Carlisle if anyone going to the show places an order.

Cheers,
Todd K.
I'm OK with this price range,
and I totally agree to participate to cushionning interest,
I know the group buy is not an easy financial affair!
Hiro

· Vendor
2,464 Posts
Just confirmed with UR that the price is NOT going to change, so the prices I quoted earlier are set. Still no date on when they will be machined, but he's going to let me know as soon as they're scheduled.

Todd

· Super Moderator
8,421 Posts
They are good looking ain't they?
They look just as good in person or maybe even better. Aluminum has a nice finish, as if anyone will see it after it is installed. The friction surface and ring gear is bolted in place so it should be easy to replace if its ever needed. A small divot is machined for the timing mark but no ball, so a dab of paint should work nicely. Overall quality? A nice looking professional job! :D Now for an engine worthy of it. Maybe this summer!

Thanks!

Harold

81 - 100 of 203 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.