Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for another update on the site upgrade progress. The new forum program (vB3) is working well and has many new features. The old Portal or Main page program has not yet released a stable version that is compatible with vB3 so I set up a temporary Main page using another program. So many of the old features are missing.

The Links and Download files are archived and waiting for either the new main page or a separate "Hack" for their display.

I'll be adding the vB Article Hack once it is stable. This will allow members to upload articles with photos and attachments.

The Chat Room has been very popular. I am looking at 2 versions that integrate with our member database. Might do a trial of both so you guys can pick one.

Those who visit the OMC website, www.opelclub.com will notice the program that that site runs on has a lot of the above features built in. Well someone just released a beta of an integration hack that combines that program with vBulletin. So that format could be in our near future.

I need to spend some time working on my Opels and getting ready for Carlisle, but the web site changes will keep coming.

Thanks for your support!

Gary

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Gary, it looks like Chat 2 is in some kind of loop. It keeps bouncing between "transferring data from opelgt.com" and "waiting for data from opelgt.com". Also no sound is available, at least not that I can get. If this chat will be free or less expensive that the other one, use this one.

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts