Opel GT Forum banner

Update - Tom Cavataio

4K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  WannaBOpelOwner 
#1 ·
I just spoke with Tom's family. He had a pretty rough time with this latest surgery, and is now in a regular room. It sounds as though he is in fairly good spirits and is receiving our messages. He will probably be in the hospital for another week or so.
GET WELL TOM ! :D

Rick

#2 ·
good things come to good people, and with that i think we can all expect tom to recover fully and quickly. best wishes to tom, hope you beging to feel better soon.

#3 ·
Best wishes, Tom.

Been thinking about you, Tom. My VERY BEST WISHES for your rapid and complete recovery.

#4 ·
Get well soon,

Hey Tom ,my man,:
I understand you had a pretty rough surgery but you have pulled thru with flying colors. I had just had five surgeries the year before we first met in Carlisle in 2001 (I think). I can only offer this advise: Take in slow in the rehab phase and forget being macho - it ain't worth it. If you think you can do all the things immediately ( 2 to 3 weeks ) after surgery take my advise and think twice. If you need a chauafer (driver) to get to Carlisle, I'll plan to come thru the Pittsburg area and pick you up - you know whatever it takes. Best wishes to you and yours. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Regards,

Tom Adkins
Cincinnati

#5 ·
Tom,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Time for you to head south again!

I'm currently in Houston on business, (at a crawfish boil) We will save some for you! Get well soon.

PS: Flat Stanley is here with me.....

Bestus,
James

#7 ·
Tom;

Get well soon and as stated above, don't be macho! I hope to see you at Carlisle, but only if you are up for it. Again, get well soon

Jeff

#8 ·
Tom Update 4/27/05

Spoke to Tom today. He was just starting to get back on his feet again following a nasty infection, but has suffered another setback that will likely keep him in the hospital for a bit longer. Overall he's still in better shape than he was a few weeks back, and hopefully this latest setback won't hold him back too long. I told him I'd pass along a hello to everyone. Keep Tom in your thoughts as he makes his way through this latest ordeal. He'll be back here as soon as possible, but as I told him the primary thing he needs to do for now is rest and recover. He might be posting his own update here in the next few days hopefully. He doesn't think Carlisle is very likely, but from what I know of Tom personally, I wouldn't completely rule him out quite yet.

Whether he's there or not, I foresee a toast to Tom at the McKay's Cave!
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Tom!

Todd K.

#11 ·
Godspeed on your recovery Tom.

Charles

#12 ·
Hello everyone,

Thanks for the posts, emails & phone calls. I'm still in the hospital, but feeling much better. I'm not sure when I'll finally get to go home.

Carlisle is less than 3 weeks away and maybe still a chance I'll be there. If not, there are plenty of other Opel events to look forward to.

Thanks again,
~ Tom

#13 ·
Tom, I'm really glad to see/hear you're better. Great to see you on line and on site again. I had hopes, slim ones, of having my GT at Carlisle but it just won't happen this year. So if you're like me and can't get to Carlisle, and if you're up to it, OMC is only 102 days away. That's just a shade over 3 months for more recupe time, and it wouldn't hurt to relax a bit and not rush things. I'm sure folks would understand if you couldn't be at either one though. Knowing best wishes for a good recupe are from me as well as all on the site.

#14 ·
2006 Update

Tom had his surgery yesterday. It took about 7 hours, but apparently the docs were able to get everything done. I'm guessing he's got a couple of weeks of recovery time in the hospital, but at least the road to recovery has finally started!

Wish him well and keep him in your thoughts!

I'll give additional updates whenever possible.

Cheers for now!
Todd K.

#15 ·
Really glad to hear it went well and wish Tom all the best. My thoughts and hopes are with you, Tom.

#16 ·
God Speed, Tom!

Tom, Our thoughts are with you from New Zealand.
Flat Stanley is still here - sent the pics to you way back when!
Here are the best of them, again - to cheer you up.

Best Regards,
Jim & Trish

Attachments

#17 ·
Our Best Wishes for a speedy recovery also Tom. Hope this surgery puts you back on top.

Vickie & Allen

#19 ·
i also want to send best wishes and hopes of a speedy recovery for tom. really looking forward to seeing you again, hopefully sometime nearly soon.

#20 ·
Mr. Cavatino Sir I hope you get well soon. You are a great person and hope your recovery is swift and easy... For the help you've given you deserve that respect. I hope all goes well, your in my thoughts daily.

#21 ·
Tom,
I'm glad the latest surgery went well, and hope you are back in great shape soon. I enjoyed meeting you at the 2004 Route 66 Festival. Missed you there last year, but hope you'll be up and running for the 2006 event!
Take care and God bless,
-Jeff W
'75 Manta
'73 Manta

#24 ·
Get Well Soon.....

Tom,
I just returned home from 10 days without a cellphone or a computer and I just read that you have had another surgery. I hope you are doing well and have things together to go home soon. My experience is I can always get more rest and recover faster at home. For your information, my car was written up in Hemmings Sports and Exotic Cars Magazine (March 2006 edition that is just hitting the newsstands). If you can't get someone to pick you a copy up let me know and I'll mail you the article and pictures. I will need your mailing address. Get well soon cause I hope to see you again in Carlisle this year.

Regards,

Tom Adkins
Cincinnati, Ohio

#26 ·
I spoke with Tom last week. He had just gotten home from the hospital the day before and was resting comfortably. He has several months of recooperation ahead of him, but the prognosis is good.

Vickie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.