Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the day I move to the new house, so I had to finish putting the Opel back together by today. It was a hell of a battle, took me two weeks of work in the garage to get it where it is now, but it's finally a rolling chassis again and looks somewhat like a car.

http://opelgt.sasktelwebsite.net/

Click on the September 2005 link under GT Rebuld.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that my GT is still around and the rebuild is still progressing. Just needs about 100 more man hours of work into it and it slightly resemble car again. :p

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Dan,
Looking good. What is with the pile of wood across the street in the driveway??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
benncojr said:
Dan,
Looking good. What is with the pile of wood across the street in the driveway??
They ripped all of their wood siding off and put up aluminum siding instead.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank you for shering the restoration process with us, I wish I could be there to help and learn, let us know when you post more info.

·
203 Posts
Awesome! That's alot of work, great job. How much was the bondo you used and what $ does it run? I am having a garage built now and finally will be able to work on a car without laying in dirt, sand or snow. Got the Opel to work on and also a X-CAR to build to compete at Waterford Speedbowl - if anybody in the area has any skills building a roll cage let me know. The car probably will be a Honda Civic. Was going to strip the Opel and race that but I :rolleyes: just can't bring myself to do it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Woof I'll send you 5 bucks towards your garage if you loose that av :D

I wonder what hapened to that car :confused: It's not in your possession is it :eek:

·
Super Moderator
13,842 Posts
WOOFS-OPEL said:
Got the Opel to work on and also a X-CAR to build to compete at Waterford Speedbowl - if anybody in the area has any skills building a roll cage let me know. The car probably will be a Honda Civic. Was going to strip the Opel and race that but I :rolleyes: just can't bring myself to do it.
Opels do well there. Next time you go to Waterford check out the stats....an Opel was track champion there three times...the driver was Dave Sullivan in a Manta. I used to crew for him and wrench on his car. He never had to lift off the throttle at that track! Mustangs hated him...

Bob

·
203 Posts
Rose said:
Woof I'll send you 5 bucks towards your garage if you loose that av :D

I wonder what hapened to that car :confused: It's not in your possession is it :eek:
Send $10 and it's a deal - No, I did not get the Barney mobile - just use it to make people cringe

I am going to the Speedbowl tonight "Wacky Wednesdays" is what they call it $7.00 gets you through the door how can you beat it, it's worth the price just to smell that lovely aroma of recing fuel. RallyBob - interested in building a roll cage?

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Rose said:

Xibit is using it on Pimp my Ride to show people how NOT to Pimpa ride

·
Super Moderator
13,842 Posts
WOOFS-OPEL said:
RallyBob - interested in building a roll cage?
While I could certainly use the money, I have no shop to work out of. My barn is packed solid (and I don't have a compressor), and the rest of my equipment is at my dad's business. I can work on my own stuff after hours there, but doing work on complete cars is a no-no.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts