Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting my second wind here on my '71 GT project. :) I'm back at her, desperately trying to get this car running in 2005. My New Year's Resolution.

So in leiu of this, I decided to update my website about the vehicle and what I've went through. I was going to go into more detail at each stage, but realized it would be too long and nobody would read it, so I just made a couple quick sentences before each set of pictures.

http://opelgt.sasktelwebsite.net/

Also, do a quick readover on the GT history page and point out any problems. I wrote that completely from memory, so my dates and figures could be off.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,922 Posts
Good to hear from you again Dan. Hmm, I wonder how many New Year's Resolutions sound something like "I resolve to get at least ONE of my Opels out of my garage/off my lawn before the end of 2005"? Oh wait, that was MY NYR 2005!

Looks like you are on your way. Hey, I put a solid 4 hours in my garage this week. And it sounds like Gary was out in his garage when he found that nasty dent in the block on his spare engine. Maybe there is some hope for us all yet!

Keep the faith Dan, and keep in touch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kwilford said:
Keep the faith Dan, and keep in touch.
Thanks Keith. I swear this car will be moving under it's own power in 2005, come hell or high water (or blizzard, in Regina's case). :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've made some significant progress this April. :cool: I'm really happy with how this is progressing. The website above has been updated with all the newest pics.

·
Opeler
90 Posts
it says in the history that both the 1.1 and 1.9 were pushrod. is that right?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I beleive so? The cam is mounted in the head, but very low in the head. So it uses very short pushrods to activate the valves.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Actually Dan they aren't push rods, but lifters, and can be either hydraulic or solid. Lifters, ride on the cam and, if in the block, will have pushrods between them and the rocker arms. Then again, some engines had the rocker arm ride directly on the cam and actuate the valves, as in Honda and other motorcycle engines. HTH.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, so it's just a lifter. Well that's simple enough. Since my car came with a V6, I've never seen a 1.9 engine in person before.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts