Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
10,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time again.......

1. Forum - The forum will be updated this weekend. I am really impressed with the folks at vBulletin. They continually improve their product and the support community is incredible. 9/30 - Done

2. Main page - The portal page will also be upgraded this weekend. 9/30 - Bigger project than anticipated. Will install it on dev site first.

3. Photo Gallerys - The program that runs the Members Photo Gallery just released a sister product that is very similar to the other gallery we use. It looks like I'll be purchasing that one so all the gallerys will be under one program that runs inside the sites main package. :D

4. Auctions - I found an auction program that runs under vBulletin. If enough people want it, we'll install it!

5. Super FAQ page - Waiting to be installed.

6. Stats - Close to 650 members. 88,000 page views. (I think the random photos in the forum are skewing that number.) 2950 posts in 592 Threads.

7. I'm going to set up a separate development site so upgrades and new programs can be tested before they are put on the main site. There are too many members and activity to risk crashing the site and there are a lot of enhancments I'd like to try out. ;) 9/30 - Created.

·
648 Posts
Gary,

When do you SLEEP?????

Thanks for the great job. This is definitely the best running site I have ever came across.
James

·
Administrator
10,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sleep? What is that?

Thanks for the compliment, James. I'm still jacked that this site is finally getting to where I hoped it would be when I started it 4 years ago. Self sustaining and dynamic.

Once it's settled, I'll be able to sit back and contribute more to the discussions and maybe find time to work on my Opel projects in my new garage. :D

·
Administrator
10,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have set up a developement site to test upgrades and mods before they are installed here.

I just set up the portal page upgrade there. Many improvements including drop down menus for the side blocks and it comes with a lot of the popular add-ons installed. It takes a while to set up so I'll probably wait until the weekend to put it here.

·
371 Posts
yes yes well done
i love this place
sound like a lot of work
if i had some bad to say
it would be how come none of the older opeler help or respond too some of the new opeler that really need help
it like the older opelers are too busy to help
the new guys and we love opels just as much
may be are ?? are so lame that no one want too talk too us
i got very littlie help with what i needed and lot of no reponds
i got my gt running and only help i got was from dave
sorry i think that the new guys need a littile more reponds

ben
a opeler forever

1 - 5 of 5 Posts