Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Panel Beater
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rewired the headlights, bought new taillight housings for the chrome, an interior light lens cover, fixed some oil leaks, and got a new blitz emblem from Ebay. Took it to a car show on the weekend and had fun :haha:

John

·
2,054 Posts
Congratulations. Hopefully you got nice comments from the crowd. Such as, "Wow! I haven't seen one of these in years. My fill-in-the-blank had one. We had a ball."

Soooooo any photos?

·
Panel Beater
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1970 opel in car show

Put opel in car show with approximately 2000 cars in Quebec and it was the only opel. They weren't sure where to put me and I ended up between Volkswagon bugs and mercedes . Ha HA!!! I got a participation trophy rather than the regular 1,2,3,. Most people didn't know what it was and I heard comments like "it's a Ferrari", "Cool" , "Must cost a fortune". It drew a lot of attention because it was different. John.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Sounds like fun!

Man I can't wait to be in your shoes! I'm finally almost done with school (december) so I'll be able to give her the time to get her going and show her off in local car shows!

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
Just rewired the headlights, bought new taillight housings for the chrome, an interior light lens cover, fixed some oil leaks, and got a new blitz emblem from Ebay. Took it to a car show on the weekend and had fun :haha:

John
I think you and I were in a bidding war for that NOS emblem yesterday. I'm glad it went to a forum member - congratulations! I checked out the eBay listing again on your GT - it looks great! Good luck at future car shows - the rarity of our Opels is one of the pleasures of ownership I think.

Matt

·
Panel Beater
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you and I were in a bidding war for that NOS emblem yesterday. I'm glad it went to a forum member - congratulations! I checked out the eBay listing again on your GT - it looks great! Good luck at future car shows - the rarity of our Opels is one of the pleasures of ownership I think.

Matt
So that was you?! Sorry, I know they're hard to get. I'll keep my eye out for one for you :eek: . I'll have to look for pictures of your car. Fireglow orange sounds pretty cool!:yup: Mine does need a quality paint job. :ugh:

Thanks, John

·
'72 Opel GT (Sara)
2,119 Posts
So that was you?! Sorry, I know they're hard to get. I'll keep my eye out for one for you :eek: . I'll have to look for pictures of your car. Fireglow orange sounds pretty cool!:yup: Mine does need a quality paint job.

Thanks, John
Hey, no problem - I'm sorry I ran the price up on you. Maybe we could have held a virtual auction off-line and whoever won that got the real deal at the lowest price :lmao:...

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts