Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brought the car to an auto upholsterer today. This is the quote...

$300 for each seat. Burgundy vinyl and white cloth, no stitching of designs. No reconditioning springs, no new padding really(that is an extra $30).

$150 for each door panel. No vinyl and burgundy cloth for the whole door.

I think I might be better of either doing it myself or replace the seats with more modern ones.

·
179 Posts
seems a little high on the seats... I paid $600 for the front bucket and rear bench seats on my Dodge Challenger and there's allot more seat in that than in a GT... that also included the headliner (bow type) and recovering the visors.

The door panels are spot on what I receivedfor my GT panels...

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
Seat repairs

Why not just purchase two fine racing seats.. That price would be much cheaper. :cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Easier thought....cheaper anyway:)

Well with it being a Manta, your choices in seats just multiplied , unless you are wanting an entirely stock car...
If it were my decission I would go a junkyard hopping to find a good pair of comfortable seats that would work for the Manta's application...You will more than likely have to build a set of brackets to work for mounting the seat to the original configuration in the car. But you will come out with more money in your pocket!

As for door panels , that price must be an industry standard... everyone wants an arm and leg...or kidney for 'em

·
Super Moderator
13,812 Posts
Excelsior, don't know if you're going to Carlisle or not, but my friend Gregg is bringing a set of Manta 400-style Recaros to sell there, they're the ones with the overlapping Blitz emblems throughout the upholstery, grey and black are the primary colors.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,178 Posts
I had the two seats in my GT looked at and the quote was $400 each! That was with new foam padding that the guy was going to have to make. I thought that was a little high but I found out real quick, from others, that $400 is about an average price...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts