Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Opeler
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I've done enough front ends to know the answer to this question but are all the GT UCA bushing sleeves the same dimensions in length? The reason I'm asking is that my son's 70 GT had a frozen UCA bolt which we had to cut out, heat and beat.......you know the story. We bought new poly bushings but I have a box of old poly bushings, hard nylons or otherwise along with a stash of sleeves. I have what appears to be hard bronze sleeves with stamped dimensions and part numbers on them but they are shorter than the stock ones. The brand stamped on them says Wheeler but I don't recall where I got these.......probably 30+ years ago. I recall the shims should total a width of .48" or 12 mm. Is this true for all years?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I know the Inside Diameter is different for the 70 compared to the 73
I have a brand new set for a 73 I can measure if that will help.
And what do you mean by Shims?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I think he's referring to the washers

·
Opeler
1,510 Posts
I thought I've done enough front ends to know the answer to this question but are all the GT UCA bushing sleeves the same dimensions in length? The reason I'm asking is that my son's 70 GT had a frozen UCA bolt which we had to cut out, heat and beat.......you know the story. We bought new poly bushings but I have a box of old poly bushings, hard nylons or otherwise along with a stash of sleeves. I have what appears to be hard bronze sleeves with stamped dimensions and part numbers on them but they are shorter than the stock ones. The brand stamped on them says Wheeler but I don't recall where I got these.......probably 30+ years ago. I recall the shims should total a width of .48" or 12 mm. Is this true for all years?
I just measured my '73 sleeves (off of the car) and they are 41mm in length. HTH

·
Opeler
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just measured my '73 sleeves (off of the car) and they are 41mm in length. HTH
Thanks. Wonder if 70's or earlier are different though?

·
Opel Key Master
5,274 Posts
I think the upper sleeves are the same, but the diameters are different between years. So you have to get bushings to match the sleeves you buy. I don't know where those bronze sleeves came from, but Opel ones are steel, and I wouldn't mess with those, also they should have the serrated teeth on the ends of them to lock down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts