Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Opeler
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting around to re-assembling my front suspension and noticed that the "rubber damper" for my UCA is missing on one side and in pretty bad shape on the other. I didn't see this part on OGTS and was wondering what others have done to replace it. I was hoping to find a heavy duty rubber or polypropylene washer at the auto parts or hardware store, but couldn't find anything. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Yoda, Give OGTS a call, they have had them, and I believe one of the flyers in a package from them listed the bumpers as a new item. Probably not in their web catalog yet. HTH.

·
Opeler
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
E-mailed OGTS and Dennis told me that the rubber damper is not needed with the new poly bushings. Guess I'll have to wait for another fabrication project to jam an exacto-blade into my hand.

·
1,973 Posts
Yoda said:
E-mailed OGTS and Dennis told me that the rubber damper is not needed with the new poly bushings. Guess I'll have to wait for another fabrication project to jam an exacto-blade into my hand.
Been there, try a fully extended utility knife blade in the side of your hand.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I'll be darned, they asked me when I bought the store of GT parts if I wanted new bumpers too. Oh well, you learn something new every day. And guys, slicing or puncturing with sharp things is not fun. Disconnected a muscle and severed the main artery in my arm with a stiletto. Wrong tool for the job. :rolleyes: Micro-surgery in the USAF emergency medical clinic put it all back together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts