Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,554 Posts
I saw this on German ebay.

GUMMI Ölwannendichtung CIH Opel Manta A 1.6N-1.9E | eBay

Does anyone know if there is a US source for this gasket?
I have only one of these. I tried to find a source for them overseas, but never knew the specific application or manufacturer.....seems they wanted a part number to get them!:banghead:

If you can track down a part number OGTS could order them I'm sure. I'd be willing to go in for 10 or more pieces in that case.

·
1000 Post Club
4,110 Posts
I'd be up for one too.

Bob, how did it seal? Any leaks? Did you use any sealant on it?

·
Super Moderator
13,554 Posts
I'd be up for one too.

Bob, how did it seal? Any leaks? Did you use any sealant on it?
I never used it in the hopes that I would find a source for more of them. In theory there should be no place for them to leak, the 4 corner joints are the most prone areas, plus the rubber seems to hold its' shape better than cork would on the pan rails.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The german description says:

Dennoch ist an den Ecken der Einsatz von Dichtmittel sinnvoll, da hier konstruktionsbedingt Motoröl austreten kann, was im Testlauf jedoch nicht passiert ist!!

Which translates to:

Nevertheless, it is useful to use sealant at the corners, since the design may allow oil to leak here, which did but not happen during the test run!

They also refer to part number 16 06 230, but that is the OEM number. The number or manufacturer for this rubber gasket isn't mentioned anywhere.

Checked the seller's website, ps-autoteile.de, where he lists a part number 130998, but that seems to be his own reference. They don't ship outside europe.

Harold.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,114 Posts
Group buy?

Lemme know your definite orders. 24.90 Euro translates to 20.92 Euro w/o Sales Tax = 28.25 US$ plus group shipping, plus shipping within the USA. I'm willing to organize.

Dieter

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Group buy?

Lemme know your definite orders. 24.90 Euro translates to 20.92 Euro w/o Sales Tax = 28.25 US$ plus group shipping, plus shipping within the USA. I'm willing to organize.

Dieter
Dumb question. I don't know anything about pan differences between the Manta and GT. Would it work a GT aluminum pan? If so, you can put me down for two.

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
i want one too.

·
Super Moderator
13,554 Posts
Group buy?

Dieter
With shipping then we're probably talking $35+ each then. I might go for 5 of them then, and while we're at it, a few clear front lens' for Manta and Ascona A's.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Dumb question. I don't know anything about pan differences between the Manta and GT. Would it work a GT aluminum pan? If so, you can put me down for two.
According to the Opel Parts catalog, all of the 1.5 to 1.9 engines up to engine number19S-1078740 used the same oil pan. Above that number the pan has a different part number. However, it shows the same part number for the pan gaskets for all of these engines from 1968 through 1975.

Put me down for two. How do you want payment? Will you be at Carlisle? Bill

·
Super Moderator
13,554 Posts
It should fit all the 4-cylinder CIH engines. The ad specifically says that for use with a 2.4 you would have to enlarge the mounting holes, as the 2.4 uses 8 mm oil pan bolts instead of 6 mm bolts like the 1.5 - 2.2 CIH engines use.

·
Registered
703 Posts
They don't ship outside europe.

Harold.
ps-autoteile.de will ship outside of europe. Just send them an email with part number/descriptions and a address and they will send a invoice with total price to your email account.

·
Non Civilian
2,085 Posts
I'm in for 2.

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
I'd be in for 4.

·
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I start a thread and then check out for two days and see what happens... A "group buy" breaks out. Dieter, I will take 5.

·
1000 Post Club
4,110 Posts
If a group buy comes together, I'd take 2.

·
Super Moderator
8,170 Posts
Dang ALL of y'all, I'm never going to get any money saved up to actually HAVE a running Opel. Put me down for two as well. If you drag your feet a bit, I might increase the number.

Harold

1 - 20 of 149 Posts