Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Pathologic Opeler
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a non- opel friend found this in a garage.

weber carb,it starts and drives.

body is rough,its a midwest car with rust.

I am thinking of it as a parts car.

what is it worth?

has a title.

Attachments

· Senior Contributor
539 Posts
No!!!!!!!!

THATS NOT a parts car!!!!!!! i would pay around 800-1000 for it. those look like easy fixes!!! please restore it and not destory it... but if you get it and part it out,if you were to sell some parts, i would be interest in a few parts, such as front emblem, and rear emblems. and more just can't think of anything right now...

· OPEL-LESS!!!
2,111 Posts
does it run, drive, electrical? if the motor atleast turned over, i'd say 3 to 400 as the lower fender are shot, quarters are bubbely, smashed rear end and the common rusted out hood hinge.

· Premium Member
1,974 Posts
I'd say it's worth at least $1000, it may have some unibody members rotted. Judging by the rust it looks like it has spent some of it's life sitting in a field, but I think it is still restorable.

· Registered
6,344 Posts
Well, Dean, it's just a little worse than mine in places, but appears to be restorable. You got some positive things there, the floors are good, the steering wheel looks to be crack free, glass is good, and maybe most important, it runs, and maybe a plus for some, it's an automatic. What's it worth? I wouldn't even hazard a guess. It depends on whether or not you or anyone else wants to take the time and money to bring it back.

· OPEL-LESS!!!
2,111 Posts
i missed you sayin it started and drove. if it runs good and drives ok, 5 or 600 bucks in my eyes. i paid 300 for mine with better body, nice interior, and all i did was dump gas in it and started right up. bought brake hoses for it, and new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points, condensor, and oil, and drove the thing for a few months. before my engine mods, i only had a total of 1400 into my whole car, maybe thats why i can't justify paying 1000 for it, especially when i got my car for 300 to start with, and i know it was asteal.

· Senior Contributor
539 Posts
jared you just lucked out there!!! but i guess there are a few of them up close to you, it took me 2-1/2 years to find one close to me.

· OPEL-LESS!!!
2,111 Posts
its not a bad GT, has alot of nice parts on it, it jus thas signifficant body damage. wouldnt be the easiest/cheapest one to fix, but it surely is not quite a parts car canidate yet, i tneeds to be restored.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.