Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
V6 Transplant

I have tried to do the same transplant almost I used a 173 V6 2.8 chevy motor off a camaro and a t5 borg warner off an 86 s-10
However Im having so many problems

Can you help me or any one. I followed the tech files according to mike but nothing is going good.

The main problem is the cross member the original chevy motor mounts the brakets not the anchors wont work with the opel cause the mounts make the engine about 1-2 inches too wide to fit perfect. Please help

YOu can e-mail me so i can get your replies faster.

[email protected]

· Registered
92 Posts
Opel Problems

Well here is the thing im hoping to not have to fabricate one.

I could have it done but i am very lazy and i have no car my last one was totaled in a bad accident rolled over. Also the desert is very hot in the day so walking with the cross member to a shop to move the beams is out of the question for now

But according to my therioes i should be able to find another mount that would fit just right. so i would not have to move the beams that come up.
I could use the stock opel ones but i would need to weld the current holes closed and creat new holes or if i can find a hunk of metal

similar to the opels engine mount great. But i just may have to make a new one

I checked the clearance with the stock cross member and everything except the manifold fit great

Keep giving me advice guys i really apreaciate it keeps my mind working

No you dont need to use a new hood Unless yourr gonna super charge it/ or have a huge carb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.