Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I saw a picture (not a drawing) of a GT engine compartment with arrows detailing where all the vacuum hoses went some time ago. It was really nice and made sense... Now I can't find said picture. Does anyone know where I saw it? or have a copy of it? I'd greatly appreciate it! :D

Thank you all in advance,

Heather V. Havel
Michigan, USA
1970 Opel GT
1967 Camaro

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gary,

I do think that was the one I was thinking of... Darn it all though - it is a Solex carb not a weber... Thanks, though for finding it for me, it was driving me crazier. I looked through that thread and didn't see it - prob. cuz it is on a Solex carb.

Guess I will actually have to read that thread instead of just looking a pic. ;)

Thanks again!

Heather V. Havel
Michigan, USA

·
Super Moderator
5,996 Posts
Heather,

Here's a thread on hooking the PCV and charcoal cannister up to a Weber. And I don't mean the barbeque...

http://opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=7840#post7840

The vacuum connections are the same for the Weber and Solex, just the air filter connection is different for the big hose from the valve cover (unless the Weber has the the throat adaptor for the stock snorkel). Oh, and the Weber doesn't have a spot to vent the charcoal cannister to, nor a fuel bowl vent connection to the cannister. Which is what the thread above is all about

HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.