Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,175 Posts
Brake Booster Vacuum Hose Sources?

Does anyone know of a local type Auto parts store like Napa, etc. that would have a true, reinforced vacuum hose to replace the original on that went from the brake boost unit to the carburetor? I think the original is about 12mm I.D. I don't think Auto Zone has anything.

When I've tried to buy something, the local stores always try to sell me crankcase ventilation hose or heater hose. Neither of which is probably stiff enough to withstand air pressure with a vacuum inside.

I'd like a local source so I can just go buy a replacement with no wait for the mail.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Brake Booster Vacuum Hose Source . . .

OGTS used to carry original replacement hose used for this. Check with Dennis/Gil . . .

·
Opeler
3,100 Posts
Power Brake Booster Hose

Fortunate to have NAPA Warehouse Store near by.

Sept. 2000, purchased 7-ft. of 1/2" vacuum booster hose;
H10008 Weatherhead, 7 ft, Rein $18.06

Looks just like the OEM Opel Hose.
Even though it is 1/2" instead of 15/32" ID, has functioned just fine.

www.napaonline.com
Search: Power Brake Booster Hose

NAPA Belts and Hoses Power Brake Vacuum Hose -- .46875''
Item#: NBHH1451 Price: $ 2.19

Attributes: Power Brake Vacuum Hose
I.D.: .46875''
Features & Benefits: LIGHT-DUTY HOSE SPECIALLY ENGINEERED FOR POWER BRAKE APPLICATIONS ON PASSENGER CARS AND LIGHT TRUCKS. COMPLIES WITH DOT FMVSS 106VL. MEETS SAE 1403 TYPE L. OZONE-RESISTANT EPDM COVER. TEXTILE REINFORCEMENT.

NAPA Belts and Hoses Power Brake Vacuum Hose -- .5''
Item#: NBHH1367 Price: $ 5.49

Attributes: Power Brake Vacuum Hose
I.D.: .5''
Features & Benefits: EXTRA HEAVY-DUTY HOSE DESIGNED TO FIT MOST AIR BRAKE SYSTEMS ON TRUCKS, TRAILERS AND OTHER HEAVY EQUIPMENT. WRAPPED HOSE CONSTRUCTION WITH MULTIPLE PLIES OF RUBBER-IMPREGNATED FABRIC.

·
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Autozone here doesn't seem to carry it.

I called NAPA with both of the item numbers listed above. The 1/2" dia. hose seems to have a new number. They carried neither hose and considered it a special order. They said they would never stock it and if I wanted any I could buy an entire roll (customer service, I guess). I asked if they had a way to check the availability at other area stores....with their "great computer". There are 15 NAPA stores in this immediate area and none of them carry either hose.

I might have to order from OGT Source and wait for delivery.

You'd really think that this would be more available and that I could just buy some with no wait. Most cars these days must not use anything like this. I'm not asking for anything like the original, just a true vacuum boost hose in the correct size.

Go figure.

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts
Couple years later......both NAPA #s still valid but none closer than 800 miles. Autozone didn't have anything with proper ID. Ended getting some hydraulic line from a John Deere dealer up the street. part # TY22562 it is 1/2" ID. I haven't put in on yet. $.21/foot. Sure looks like standard heater hose to me.

·
Kalifornia Kid
551 Posts
Actually OGTS does sell OEM & after market hose (almost 1/3 price of oem) and is a reinforced hose, specifically designed for booster applications.

·
Opeler
135 Posts
Brake booster hose...

I brought my original frayed and beat up booster vacuum hose to a heavy truck supply house and found a close to original replacement. It may have been around $12 for 4' of hose.

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
Opel GT Source Brake Booster Hose

I very recently ordered and received from OGTS a aftermarket reinforced hose for the brake booster to intake. It is working just fine...:D

·
Administrator
10,231 Posts
I very recently ordered and received from OGTS a aftermarket reinforced hose for the brake booster to intake. It is working just fine...:D
The one I bought from OGTS 10 years ago still looks new and I have never had a problem with it.

·
Opeler
1,768 Posts
OTGS: $21 for non OEM, $52 for OEM
I only needed 1 foot since I have a reserve canister.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
truck stop

Some heavy trucks used to use a vacuum system for trailer brakes. As a result, lots of truck stops, the really good ones where they service trucks, have rolls of the correct type hose on the wall. I bought a whole roll there once, got a good deal on it. Wish I knew where it was now....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pipes

OK. Your exhaust pipes are beautiful. Don't mean to be looking at your rear, but you kinda stuck it out in front of me. :lmao: Gotta know what type of exhaust and where did you get them from. Very neat. Thanks, Gabe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts