Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Guys,
I've dug through everything I have and can't figure out what the small hole in the valve cover should be connected to. I know the big one goes to the aircleaner and I'm guessing the small one went to a vacuum line but can someone tell me for sure?

Gregg

·
Opel fan
357 Posts
Mine is connected to a vacumn port on the bottom of my intake.

Do a search from search button for small hose on valve cover, I just did to verify if mine was hooked up correctly and got the scoop. BTW, mine is correct according to the search info

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim,
And thanks to everyone else here who has answered my questions over the last couple months. My 70 Gt is back on the road again! All I had to do was rebuild the frontend, replace the heater core and heater control plate, fix the clock, change the solex out for a weber 32/36, change the points and condenser, rebuild the front and rear brakes, rebuild the master cylinder, replace all the hoses, build new nut plates for the headlight assemblies, replace the speedo cable, replace the fuel pump, put sealed bearings on all the pivots for the throttle linkage and finally replace the radio. Other than that .... it was ready to drive when I bought it.:D

Thanks guys.

Gregg

·
Super Moderator
5,886 Posts
Here's a thread resulting from a search of "PCV + Keith". "PCV" for Positive Crankcase Ventilation, and "Keith" 'cause I knew I posted a thread on the topic:

http://opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=718&highlight=PCV+Keith

And here's another one that should help

http://opelgt.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=9534&highlight=pcv#post9534

with links to other posts on the topic. Someday when I am bored, I will merge a bunch of the PCV and vacuum threads into one, and post it in the FAQ section.

HTH

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Replace the Wiring

Greg, Have you replaced the Headlight wires - at least.

Also check the wiring behind the fuel tank, that goes to the rear lights - and the rest of your wiring.

It all gets tired and can cause FIRES!

SEE: "Headlight wiring acess panels in wheelwell" post for some pictures of shot wiring.

·
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fortunately the PO changed the headlight wiring, the rest, I'll have to check. Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts